Kiss - Alive In Melbourne!

I wanted to go too :cry:. Of course if everything in the universe was different from the way it actually is, I would have.

Troops, I see what you mean about King of Hearts and A Million To One. They're similar, but one is among the best tracks on Lick It Up and the other (like most of Paul's songs on Hot In The Shade IMHO) is filler at best.

So what did you think of Tommy? Was he just copying Ace or did Gene and Paul let him do his own thing?

W

Tommy looked like he was in a Kiss tribute band basically. Copied all Ace's moves exactly, same mannerisms, walked around as though he was drunk, pulled the same type of faces, played the solos almost exact (a few little touches of his own but still sounding totally Ace), etc.

I reckon that main riff in King Of Hearts sounds really spooky and dark, its cool :) Although it also reminds me heaps of Mama Mia by ABBA hahaha!

A Million To One is certainly one of Kiss' biggest lost opportunities at a massive hit single I think. Awesome song and would've had great commercial appeal.

PHOTO TIME! Here are a few of the photos...

This is me putting on my Vinnie Vincent makeup in the bathroom! Unfortunately the black lines were looking AWFUL so I had to get Ace to redo them for me and do my lips too. Do you know how hard it is drawing proper lines on yourself? Haha! I had enough trouble colouring them in!

KissTrentMakeup.jpg

After that, we caught a bus to Moorabbin station. We were quite worried about being embarassed but nobody else was on it!! When we got there it was all cool coz lots of other Kiss fans were around!! Here are a couple of photos at the station. And yes, those pants were almost painfully tight!!!!

KissTrentStation.jpg
KissGroupStation.jpg

(And yes, that one in the Paul Stanley makeup is my sister who seems to have gotten a bit famous around here) *Shakes head* She was dressed like a hooker in knee high boots and little black mini skirt, luckily you can't see them in the photos. It was embarassing walking around with her!

After a nice little train ride we got to Colonial Stadium! Here, we got interviewed by the DVD camera crew and got another photo or 2...

KissTrentMaria.jpg

Next up... the actual show!! As you will see, our seats were crap was coz we got our tickets too late and Colonial is too big. Oh well...

KissShowFire.jpg
KissShowPyro.jpg

And after the show we got a few more to fill up the camera. Unfortunately the one with the mysterious Eric Carr who we didn't know hasn't been scanned coz my sister thought she looked stupid in it and didn't give it to her friend to scan :( It was a great photo. But here is one more group shot at the end of the night.... as you will see, the makeup we bought was AWESOME and didn't come off at all!

KissGroupShow.jpg

And when we got home we still had some film left so I took some photos of Marisa looking like a hooker and she took some of me with my guitar and VVI tank top hahahaha. Here's one with my guitar looking all metal and stuff :) I also have photos of my sister in her hooker poses but I won't post them haha.

KissTrentGuitar.jpg

In the whole group shots, Gene is my friend John from high school, Ace is my friend Maria, and Paul is my sister Marisa who Spawny hates and who's top Sydo looks down at Edguy gigs :lol:

Haha Troops I dont know whether to be impressed or scared at how accurate that makeup looks! How long did it take to do it all? (Ages im guessing?)

And that sister of yours sounds like she is just a troublemaker! Poor Sydo goes to watch gigs and she just gets all in his face :mad:

She does know how to dress though, ill give her that, embarrassing my ass :D

Um... took us about an hour for all of us to get ready, and that was helping each other n stuff too. So it wasn't too bad! That averages out at like 15 minutes a face haha! Well not really coz we only helped each other with the outlines, etc and coloured them in ourselves.

Looked pretty good though eh? I did everyone's outlines for them... did them pretty well I thought! I'm a stickler for accuracy when it comes to Kiss makeup! :)

With makeup like that you should have been given complimentary $400 frint row seats.. I recognised you on the train by your hair - haha.

Doh! I forget this was KISS, the money making machine....

P.S. Your seats sucked, I think Colonial is a crap as venue for gigs.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah Colonial does suck!!! It's too big and the sound is pretty bad especially compared to Melbourne Park, that's the best venue for gigs. I was in the back row for the 3rd night in 2001 there and it was still a better view & atmosphere than where I was on Friday at Colonial.

By the way, the stage didn't look that far away as it did in the photos coz on those disposable cameras the photos are always zoomed out.

The Trooper said:
Looked pretty good though eh? I did everyone's outlines for them... did them pretty well I thought! I'm a stickler for accuracy when it comes to Kiss makeup! :)

Hell yeah, I was quite impressed, I was expecting a half assed job because you were too excited to be able to do it properly :D

:lol:

They aren't really hooker photos, she just thinks she looked like a hooker coz of her mini skirt and knee high boots etc. She didn't scan any of the ones where she looks like a slut because she was too embarassed haha.

So no hooker photos for anyone :) The closest that was scanned was one of her doing a Paul Stanley pose by herself. But she doesn't look like a hooker or anything lol.