Kiss Symphony thingy on tv

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Main Event Television in Australia (www.mainevent.com.au) is airing the KISS Symphony Concert on Saturday May 17th at 8:30 PM EST (replay on Sunday, May 18th at 10AM EST). The show is available to Austar, Foxtel and Optus customers.

As previously reported, the KISS Symphony show which was held in Melbourne, Australia with the 60 piece Melbourne Symphony on February 28, was “so awesome it's beyond words.”

Here was the full set list for the show:

Act One (Full blown KISS) - ‘Deuce’, ‘Strutter’, ‘Let Me Go Rock & Roll’, ‘Lick It Up’, ‘Calling Dr. Love’, ‘Psycho Circus’.

Act Two (Acoustic set with the 60-piece Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) - ‘Beth’, ‘Forever’, ‘Goin' Blind’, ‘Sure Know Something’, ‘Shandi’.

Act Three (Electric Set with full MSO) - ‘Detroit Rock City’, ‘King Of The Night Time World, ‘Do You Love Me’, ‘Shout it Out Loud’, ‘God Of Thunder’, ‘Love Gun’, ‘Black Diamond’.

Simmons said the “event was a spectacle. The fans loved it. The band loved it. A grand time was had by all.”

In other news, KISS' Alive IV will be released by Sanctuary this summer. The band has officially signed on with the label.

http://www.mainevent.com.au/event.asp?id=147 Thats the page for the show, it doesnt say how long it goes for though so I dont know if its the full show or not...

Cool :) I'll get that I think! Should be interesting to pick out where all the overdubs are ;) :lol: Where's the encore in that setlist?

Alive IV - :headbang: :headbang: About fuckin' time!

Alive IV is Vancouver New Years Eve '99.

The symphony show will be a live album too though, probably called Alive In Melbourne or Kiss Symphony I'd say.

Here it comes!!! KISS SYMPHONY - ALIVE IV.

Doc, Paul, Tommy and myself (Peter was on the East Coast and couldn't be there), along with our designer Tom of t42design met at Henson Recording Studios to look over the art direction for our KISS SYMPHONY Double CD. Our new label partner (to be announced shortly) is sparing no expense to make this package a one of a kind. Yes. I know most of the time the stuff I say sounds like hype. Tough. Get
used to it. I'm excited!!!

So, now here's how all of this concerns YOU. We were tossing around various ideas about the graphics INSIDE the package and we decided what we need is YOU!!! We wouldn't be here without you. We've always said that. So, here's what we'd like:

If you attended the KISS SYMPHONY at Melbourne's Telstra Dome Stadium and witnessed the event, send us your stories. Send us your pictures. We'll be proud to make your stories and fotos part of our package.
But, for this to happen, YOU MUST DO THIS RIGHT AWAY. We have under two weeks to get all this done.

Here's how YOU can be a part of KISS SYMPHONY - ALIVE IV:

E-mail your material to KISS@T42DESIGN.COM . Please scan your handwritten letters at 300dpi, color or b+w and save them as jpgs. Same with photos. We cannot accept 72dpi images as they reproduce poorly in print. Also include your name, city and country. We need to receive your stuff by MAY 8th in order to be considered for the package. Please be aware that all submitted materials become property of KISS.

THANK YOU!!! GENE

So I gather the original Kiss Alive IV aint gonna see the light. No great loss. :)

So is this thing going to be like a pay-per-view thing? Or is it "free" cable. I don't have cable, so I don't know how this whole thing works, but my brother does :)