Kiss

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Thought Trooper may be interested in this, not so much about Ace but about the Australian tour. Anyone heard of these bands?

www.blabbermouth.com

ACE FREHLEY Attends AA Meetings, Gets Serious About Sobering Up - Mar. 4, 2004

According to a posting at KissKollector.com, original KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley is making a serious effort to get clean and sober again with the help of ex-wife Jeanette, with whom he has re-established a romantic relationship. Frehley, who has grown a full beard, has been steadily attending AA meetings and has stayed away from the party scene for almost six months now.

In other news, it now appears that one of the opening acts previously announced for KISS' Australian tour has been removed from the bill. At first it looked like SPIDERBAIT and GRINSPOON would be the opening acts, but SPIDERBAIT have already been taken off the drawing board so it's gonna be GRINSPOON and another Australian band that is yet to be named.

I'm glad Spidrebait are off the tour now, I just with Grinspoon would leave it as well. Both of those bands suck :( They are both just local bands that have been around our alternative scene since the mid-90s. Spiderbait are extremely alternative sounding and Grinspoon have a bit of a heavier rock edge & also a bit of a pop-punk edge at times. I really hate both of those bands.

There are quite a few good new hard rock bands around Australia, why not tour with one of them? How about Teargas (melodic hard rock)? They are awesome. How about The Deadthings (horror-glam)? They are awesome. Or if they want a bigger more established band, how about getting Rose Tattoo? They've been playing lots of shows around again and they'd be great to see! On the Farewell Tour they had the Screaming Jets, and while I'm not a fan of them, at least it was more suitable for a Kiss show coz they are a rock act. Spiderbait & Grinspoon is almost as ridiculous as Limp Bizkit!

Ace is a chronic alcoholic, the sad thing is, he has been there before where he sobers up & then goes back to using...
I have my doubts that he will remain clean & sober for very long,
it's his lifestyle & at the age that he's in, there's probably very
little motivation for him to get his life back together. What does he have?
His looks? I think Gene put best, "Ace never grew as a guitar player," and there is this one "Ace is the most self-desctructive person he's ever know." I think he described Man/Woman(Vinnie Vincent) with that sentence as well, years prior....

Yeah he said that about Vinnie in '92. He said "He's the single most self destructive individual I've ever known, this man would hang himself as you're handing him they keys to the kingdom" haha!