Krankenstein

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Check out my new toy!

Krankenstein.jpg

I didn't have too long to play with it today, but here's a quick clip I recorded:

http://www.theocracymusic.com/Krankenstein.mp3

Really tight amp.

Lucky you! :)

But I'm still in love with my Rev. Would love to read a comparison though!

Btw... is it just me or can I hear the pick hitting the strings (I mean that plastic sound of a pick) in the end of your clip?

hey, I'm happy for you if that's what you like, but it just like all the other Kranks I've heard... A crappy distortion pedal.

Don't take it personally.

Congrats. I know it's early day's but which do you prefer, this or the Revolution you had?

Settings/Cab/Mic/Pre used on the clip?

Cheers.

I only had an hour or two to play with it so far, so I couldn't say. It was pretty quick to dial in a decent sound though, and I look forward to tweaking it more. I don't remember exact settings...one big difference is that I liked the Sweep around 9 or 10 o'clock on the Rev, but I like the way the Krankenstein sounds with it closer to 2 o'clock or so. Gain was around 10 o'clock for that clip. Mesa Recto oversized, SM57, API pre.

Nice. Are you happy with it? Did it meet your expectations?

First impression was good. I'll let you know more later. :)

Was that a rendition Motley Crue Live Wire?

Sounds Good!

Haha, I was just messing around, but it was a bit Live Wire, wasn't it?

hey, I'm happy for you if that's what you like, but it just like all the other Kranks I've heard... A crappy distortion pedal.

Don't take it personally.

Why would I take it personally? Your opinion matters zero to me. Even more so if you think the tones Andy got on the live Arch Enemy DVD, the CoF album, etc. sound like a crappy distortion pedal, because we obviously have vastly different tastes. Different strokes.

Why would I take it personally? Your opinion matters zero to me. Even more so if you think the tones Andy got on the live Arch Enemy DVD, the CoF album, etc. sound like a crappy distortion pedal, because we obviously have vastly different tastes. Different strokes.

I'm sure we do have different tastes in tone. because those are not my favorite sounds he has gotten, not bad, but not my fav. I just prefer more open raw sounding guitar tones. Kranks come off as a little buzzy to me(a la, dist. pedal straight to the board), hence my comparison. But its like you said, different strokes.:loco:

Matt

2 o'clock Sweep :err:. Thanks for the feedback. :kickass:

Of course, I may think differently when I have some more time to play around with it; just an initial impression. I hope to make it back to the studio tomorrow night.

One other thing I forgot to mention was that I didn't like the sound of going too high on the Treble, but the Presence really opens it up nicely.