Krankentein and what?

It's my only amp, but I gotta say that it excels at blending in particular as opposed to going at it solo.

Lasse: +1 on the "sweep on three all the time for modern metal." I knew I couldn't be the only one.

When blended properly with a 5150 or Mesa, I find that it lends density, clarity and an extremely fast attack to the overall tone. It does seem undergained even when highly saturated; it's an insanely defined amp. It's hard to debilitate it to being noise. Notes always ring through clear and every note in a chord is always audible. I always describe it to people who haven't heard one as a tube amp that behaves like a solid state amp (i.e. tube amp fat and harmonics blended with solid state attack and super tight bass). Definitely performs best with a 5150 or a Dual Rec. Anyone who doesn't believe me, feel free to reference the leadoff track from Chimaira's Resurrection for a reminder of what Krankenstein & 5150 brutality sounds like.

I think that amp was used on Sworn to a Great Divide, there is a youtube video of Ola playing through it

how do you think about the sweep knob?
while I like the idea and while it give some more versatility for rocktones I found that there's hardly any use for it in modern metal...it's pretty much always on 3 here...more would be too fizzy and less to muddy.
the presence can also be very dangerous (stein+).

I like the sweep knob, even if it ends up pretty much at one spot. The idea is great, and it's a smart way to let people find their own sweet spot, depending on cab/room character. It's a bit similar to the Blackstar ISF control.

was that in response to me? or someone else?

To the OP. :)