Kreator/Accept/Kittie (?!?!?!) US tour

Right. By that logic, let's get Accept to open for Nickleback.

I don't care if Kittie's on the bill. I don't care personally who gets paired with who. However, it just doesn't make fucking sense. Why not send out a band like Havok on a tour like this? It doesn't strike me as a good opportunity for either Kittie or Accept to expand their fanbases.

Maybe not, but it brings in an entirely different demographic that wouldn't come to see Accept or Kreator otherwise. The Kittie fans may come and leave after Kittie plays, but everyone still makes more money than if they added a band all te Accept/Kreator fans would've wanted see anyway and vice versa. KISS does it all the time.

Can't tell if serious or trolling.

Yeah there are shitty people everywhere that listen to everything, but collectively there's no group of people from a music scene more hateful, bigoted, ignorant, and scummy than metalheads. It's a sad fact of life.

About 2 years ago, Kittie toured with ICP and Coolio, played to about 5,000 people a night who had never even heard of them, and there was no drama, no fans throwing things at the band or booing them off the stage. Before that they toured with Asking Alexandria and a bunch of Risecore bands and the same thing - no bitching, no kids acting like shitheads etc. Only in this undergound metal scene do people get butthurt about "untrue lineups." Kittie consistently sells records and is able to make money as a band (incidentally, the last Kittie album outsold BOTH Kreator and Accept's last album in the US). They also released a bunch of cheesy nu metal albums years ago and nowadays write more "safe" music by true metal standards, so of course metal fans will boo them, grope them (it's happened to them), throw things at them, etc.

FYI I'm not a fan of Kittie, but I do call it like I see it. It's not to say metalheads are all assholes, because that's not true. If anything this board is by and large proof of that. But there's a level of spiteful, nerdy, elitism that only really exists within this scene and nowhere else.

No, overweight guys at power and prog shows tend to stick to tucked in DREAM THEATER shirts. There is indeed a clear distinction!

Always bothered me that Rush fans get stereotyped as this (and I admit it's definitely true, from all the prog rock shows I've been to), but I'd like to think that there's a new generation of "hip" tastemaking fans getting into Rush thanks to recent re-exposure like the documentary that came out last year or so, signing with Roadrunner, etc the same way Dream Theater got hip with the BTBAM, Opeth, Sumeriancore, and djent crowds over the last few years.

People who make/listen to hateful, angry music make hateful, angry comments?
Well sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

It'd be interesting to see the message board comments about a, say Crass reunion tour with Good Charlotte opening. Everyone would just be all kind and polite and simply express their small disappointment at the opener choice, I'm sure.

Comments like that happen in metal because lineups like that -- true, true, untrue -- happen much more frequently.

BTW read B9 board sometime. More bitching there than any metal board. More funny stuff there, too.