Kreator/Accept tour (no Kittie)

If anything I'd like to see MORE tour packages pairing bands that aren't the same. And yes, it does make sense for Kreator to headline over Accept.

Hey, I won't complain as long as the quality is there and we're not talking about the very same old openers every single time!

Agreed 100%
I know people will get pissed at my comment here, but if you don't think these two bands are a good fit stylistically, then you probably just got into ACCEPT from them getting booked at Prog Power and are not familiar with their history.

Go listen to songs like Breaker or Fast As a Shark and tell me that a young Mille Petroza wasn't influenced by them.

I think this is a great and exciting pairing of bands that will bring people out to these shows for their first metal show in a long time.

I follow Accept since 1983 and yes, they have some speedy songs like the 2 ones you mention that may have influenced Mille of Kreator and other thrash bands. However, I'm really not sure that the casual Accept fan wo knows Balls To The Wall and a few of their other "hits" will like to sit through a much heavier and thrashier band like Kreator. That's my point. And I was once a Kreator fan in my teens, I saw them live in 1986 or something when I was big into thrash. Now, I just don't care for most thrashy stuff. Maybe I'm too old...

I don't follow Kreator now as much as I did in the 80s neither....
Still though, I just don't find it as bizarre as others do.

It seems the casual ACCEPT fans lump them in as an 80's hair band novelty act.

I guess time will tell. I also don't think "casual" ACCEPT "Balls to the Wall" fans would even go to an ACCEPT show in 2012 anyhow. ACCEPT and their label / mgmt knows who would go see ACCEPT in 2012, which is why they are touring with a band like KREATOR who still draws well in the underground metal community.

Just my opinion. Carry on.

Dates have been announced. And an AZ date :headbang:

No mention of Ringworm though??

Two dynamic German forces have merged to co-headline a North American "Teutonic Terror Attack" in the most high-powered touring bill of 2012: KREATOR and ACCEPT.

Opening the 23-show trek through the U.S. and Canada will be Finland's SWALLOW THE SUN.

"Teutonic Terror Attack 2012" tour dates:

Sep. 05 - Howard Theater - Washington, D.C.
Sep. 06 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Sep. 07 - Best Buy Theater - New York, NY
Sep. 08 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Sep. 10 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - CANADA
Sep. 11 - Imperial de Quebec - Quebec City, QC - CANADA
Sep. 12 - Phoenix Concert Theatre - Toronto, ON - CANADA
Sep. 14 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH
Sep. 15 - Mojoe's - Joliet, IL
Sep. 16 - The Beaumont Club - Kansas City, MO
Sep. 18 - Gothic Theater - Englewood, CO
Sep. 19 - The Complex - Salt Lake City, UT
Sep. 21 - Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, B.C. - CANADA
Sep. 22 - Showbox at the Market - Seattle, WA
Sep. 23 - Roseland Theater - Portland, OR
Sep. 25 - The Grand Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
Sep. 26 - The Avalon - Hollywood, CA
Sep. 27 - The Grove - Anaheim, CA
Sep. 28 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
Sep. 30 - Emo's East - Austin, TX
Oct. 01 - Trees - Dallas, TX
Oct. 02 - House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA
Oct. 04 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC

Exclusive internet pre-sale tickets are available online at EnterTheVault.com through May 26; afterwards, tickets will be on sale through all normal ticketing outlets.

Nuts, in Columbus *on a Friday* the same night as Progpower weekend. Just my luck. Haven't seen Kreator in years and a big fan of STS.

Oh wells...

I just looked on Ticketbastard and I noticed on the KC date that Blackguard is listed on the bill. Anyone else notice this also for their dates?

Saw this today. Contemplating a roadtrip to Charlotte, not a huge Accept fan but love me some Kreator and Swallow the Sun.

Phew, Sept. 7th in NYC. Now that's a possibility since it's a week out from ProgPower. I'll go for Accept, probably catch STS and check out Kreator until the lose me. I can only stay "dark" so long.

Phew, Sept. 7th in NYC. Now that's a possibility since it's a week out from ProgPower. I'll go for Accept, probably catch STS and check out Kreator until the lose me. I can only stay "dark" so long.

Nice, I think I might have to try and make it to the show as well. Accept doesn't do it for me, but Kreator always puts on a flawless show. My favorite thrash band by far. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

New Orleans rules!!!!!!!!
How is One Eyed Jack (SP?????)

That place looked like a cool place from the outside when I was there last year.
They were actually fiming a movie there so I didnt get the chance to go in.
I have seen many doom bands playing their from their tour dates.