Kreator - Extreme Aggression

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
I bought it expecting it to blow my mind since its by the respected Kreator but to my disappointment I found it bland. So what did you think about it?

It was my first Kreator album, and as much as I'm not diging much Mille's vocals, I'll call that album everything but bland. 'Extreme Aggression', 'No Reason To Exist', 'Some Pain Will Last', 'Bringer Of Torture' and the key track 'Betrayer' made that album an example of pure German thrash (along Destruction and Sodom). The music is like the title aggressive, relentless, fast and raw. Nothing of the clean melodic solos of Skolnick in Testament, not the complex experimentation of Coroner, it just crude thrash with a message: we came for you all (and forget about Anthrax).

It's not the best of the first 5 lp's, but it's damn good. You'll be surprised at how much advanced Pleasure to Kill and Coma Of Souls are. Terrible Certainty and Endless Pain are vicious as well.

MURAI said:
I bought it expecting it to blow my mind since its by the respected Kreator but to my disappointment I found it bland. So what did you think about it?

It's the best Kreator album for me.
Followed closely by Coma, Pleasure and Certainty, in the order of preference.

I like it just fine!

Kreator is one of my favorite bands, and I even like their albums most fans don't like :) Such as Outcast & Endorma.

Wicked Child and Delize are my family :cry: I love you people:wave:

I bought "Outcast" and "Endorama" together as my own birthday gift 4 years ago. I did it because Tommy Vitterli play on them and I a huge fan of Coroner. Still to this day I love both albums, I do believe they are underrated and stigmatized (especially "Endorama") by fans and metalheads in general. And as much as I know that they are non-representative of Kreator's musical approach are the ones I like the most (yeah I know I'm weird).

Jean-Pierre said:
It's not the best of the first 5 lp's, but it's damn good. You'll be surprised at how much advanced Pleasure to Kill and Coma Of Souls are. Terrible Certainty and Endless Pain are vicious as well.
Yes, Pleasure To Kill is great.

Any of you have the recent Kreator albums?

Violent Revolution will probably be down your alley. It's a return to the Coma of Souls-ish thrash sound, but with some Gothenburg type melodies thrown in for good measure.

I've only heard the title track of that one, and while I'ts good it's nowhere near the early stuff. The chorus is a headbang-and-singalong mania, though