KRK RP6 G2 Rokit or Yamaha HS50M?

SwambA

Processed Chicken
Apr 6, 2009
Clearwater, fl
I need new monitors that fall in this price range, what do you guys think? I'm trying out the Rokits now and all my reference stuff sounds amazing but I've done a few fast mixes on them and so far not translating very good. Thinking of going with the hs50m's but worried about the bass response. Any thoughts?

Bass response will be a problem with small speakers, so you'll have to get a pair of good headphones to reference the bass. I personally have the HS50M's and combine them with ATH M50's, and I feel like I get an accurate image of the mix.

I ended up getting the hs50m along with the HS10W sub and sending the Rokits back and I'm very happy with this setup. Only had them 1 day and already hearing big improvements in my mixes. Had the Rokits for 2 weeks and it was back and forth from the studio to the car. Like I said, the Rokits sounded great playing already mixed music, but I was having a hard time mixing on them. I wish I could have kept them both to a/b.

the thing i noted between the two when i tested them out was that the HS series has alot more midrange information coming to you,i find the KRK's a little on the scooped side for mids

It was covered several times and it's always good to use the search function at first, you'll learn things that you've never thought of, so don't get mad at somebody who actually helps you to learn more things that you've asked for...

@ KRK in general:
My first monitor was the Rokit 5 and I switched to VXT 6 2 years ago, and I consider the change to HSM 80 or A 7's cause the KRK midrange is very odd(for guitars especially), they are cloudy at lower mids and harsh at higher mids imo.
For heavy music it's not the best option imo, good monitors but in our genre they translate not VERY well.

It was covered several times and it's always good to use the search function at first, you'll learn things that you've never thought of, so don't get mad at somebody who actually helps you to learn more things that you've asked for...

@ KRK in general:
My first monitor was the Rokit 5 and I switched to VXT 6 2 years ago, and I consider the change to HSM 80 or A 7's cause the KRK midrange is very odd(for guitars especially), they are cloudy at lower mids and harsh at higher mids imo.
For heavy music it's not the best option imo, good monitors but in our genre they translate not VERY well.

Thanks for the input! I did search for this before I asked but I thought I would see if anybody had any other input. I am not mad in the least bit, sorry if I came off like that. Was just wondering why someone would feel the need to scream at me for asking a question. If you don't want to give your opinion then just don't. Thanks for the positive replies I did get! I'm very happy with what I ended up with, like my previous post stated. Hope that info helps someone.