KRK RP8 Gen 2 Hiss / humm HELP

pitoga

Nov 30, 2009
Lima - Peru
Greetings to all.

I've bought today my first pair of monitors, the Krk Rp8 gen 2, and i really like how they sound, however I’ve noticed they have an audible hiss coming from the tweeter, and a very quiet humm from the woofer, The noise is exactly the same on both of them, I’ve already tried turning everything else off and just powering up the monitors with nothing else connected than the power cable, the noise is still there. The noise is constantly the same even with the gain control at minimum or at maximum. Please help.

I don't think they are supposed to sound like this.

In the store I didn't hear the hiss or the humm maybe because of the ambient noise.

Its worth to mention that where I live there are no Ground connections in the house, everything just has 2 Pins.

Help!!

THANX

Greetings to all.

I've bought today my first pair of monitors, the Krk Rp8 gen 2, and i really like how they sound, however I’ve noticed they have an audible hiss coming from the tweeter, and a very quiet humm from the woofer, The noise is exactly the same on both of them, I’ve already tried turning everything else off and just powering up the monitors with nothing else connected than the power cable, the noise is still there. The noise is constantly the same even with the gain control at minimum or at maximum. Please help.

I don't think they are supposed to sound like this.

In the store I didn't hear the hiss or the humm maybe because of the ambient noise.

Its worth to mention that where I live there are no Ground connections in the house, everything just has 2 Pins.

Help!!

THANX

turn the ground lift on the rp8 on

Are you using balanced cables? I had a similar problem until I worked out I was using unbalanced 1/4 inch to XLR cables lol

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am using balanced cables, and as I said, the hiss is ALWAYS present even without anything connected, just with the power cable.

And ground lift? Does the rp8 have one? Or do I have to buy an external one? Any brand to recommend?

Sorry bump, please help, maybe it isn't a problem with the monitors, and I don't have to replace them, or something. I just mailed the dealer, and asked if I could have them changed cause of the warranty. But maybe it isn't necessary; do any of you experience the same hiss?

Sounds like a ground hum, and is probably because you don't have grounded power, try a ground lift (you can get one at any hardware store) my KRK monitors had a ground hum when plugged into the wall, but I plug them into my power conditioner and it goes away.