New KRK rp8 low on volume????

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Hey guys quick question... i just bought some used KRK RP8 G2 monitors and I have some problems.... Well when i went to the guys house to try them out they sounded nice clear and loud(in other words they had balls!!)

Well i come home i plug in to my Firepod using Unbalanced cables and they sounded kind-of low(even though as i higher the main volume it was berly noticible that it was getting higher) and its didn't have that punch... could it be because of the unbalanced cables.... I know that i should get balanced cables(What ima do first thing Guitar center opens) but im just wondering if that can be why my monitors dont have that punch I heard when i tried them out.

Thanks...

Don't spend too much on cables, just get some Canare or Mogami cable and a set of Neutrik jacks. You'll save money and get better cables, all for the low, low price of doing a little work yourself..

Jeff

Yeah im just surprise why in my room they sound so low on volume... when i compare them to my m-audio bx5a... i can tell when i higher the volume... but with these KRK its hardly noticible.... like they lack punch.

had the same problem when I bought my monitors used and it ended up the gain knobs on the back got shifted down while transporting them to my house :)

Well guys the thing is that they were both set at 0db from the back at his house... now Why was it that at his house they sounded loud.. now here in my room there low.. I swear i turn the know at about 5 o'clock in my firepod to get it loud enough to listen to my mixes... and generally with my M-audio Bx5a at about 9 O'clock in the main monitor of the firepod was LOUD!

Is this something typical of KRK???

Well yea ima turn the knobs in the back of the KRK to the max which says 6db.

But other than that no problems with the monitors i highly doubt that they have an issue because i Tested them at his house and they sound perfectly.. but i would just expect them(especially for size) to sound LOUDER...

Get some balanced cables, set the output to +4db and make sure something (internet embedded player, winamp, etc.) hasn't set the digital level low (check the windows volume control).

Yeah well my interface is a Firepod... and yeah I got balanced cables....

do firepods output -10db?