Kurt Struebing of NME has passed away.

I've heard their first album, it's some awesome, sloppy Venom/Bathory worship. I heard they changed though...it's sad that the dude died only just after the band reunited.

I had no idea who he was and I didn't know hiw band, I found this with his name though:

Kurt Struebing, leader of the death metal band N.M.E., brutally murdered his mother with a hatchet and a pair of scissors in 1986. Allegedly, he also sexually assaulted her. Police found books on witchcraft in the home, as well as photos of Kurt Struebing in “staged death scenes”. Struebing said he felt that he was a robot and that he wanted to kill his mother to see if she was a robot. Struebing was charged with murder and rape. He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 12 years in the mentally ill offenders’ unit of a reformatory. The sentence was later reduced to eight years, and he was released in April 1994, at which time, amazingly, he reformed N.M.E. with most of the original members and started playing clubs again.

This is the second time within a few days that someone has made a topic with a band, and I was annoyed that they abbreviated the band name....only to find out that it was actually the name of the band.

Ben_t said:
I had no idea who he was and I didn't know hiw band, I found this with his name though:

Kurt Struebing, leader of the death metal band N.M.E., brutally murdered his mother with a hatchet and a pair of scissors in 1986. Allegedly, he also sexually assaulted her. Police found books on witchcraft in the home, as well as photos of Kurt Struebing in “staged death scenes”. Struebing said he felt that he was a robot and that he wanted to kill his mother to see if she was a robot. Struebing was charged with murder and rape. He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 12 years in the mentally ill offenders’ unit of a reformatory. The sentence was later reduced to eight years, and he was released in April 1994, at which time, amazingly, he reformed N.M.E. with most of the original members and started playing clubs again.

...Jesus Kiddie Diddling Christ

...and on this "car accident."

Metal-Archives said:
On March 9th, 2005 original member Kurt A. Struebing was killed when he was crossing a bridge in Seattle, Washington. His and about 3 other cars were stopped at a barricade on a swing bridge which was open letting boat traffic go through the Duwamish Waterway. Witnesses report that his car suddenly pulled out of line, bursted through the stopped traffic and ran through the baricade falling 60 feet to his death. They are not sure if he was under the influence or suicidal.

4269515_320X240.jpg

4269525_320X240.jpg

More pictures here:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/4269375/detail.html

Ben_t said:

Yeah, that comes from a Christian publishing house's book linking rock and roll with homicide and other crimes.

He actually was a funny guy and a devoted family man in the last years of his life.

Take your flame proof suit off-- everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is NOT a perfect world.

What a fucking loser. Tell me where he's resting so I can defecate on his burial plot. I'll leave a kind little note in the corn infested feces. The note will read.

"With love, the Grimarse"