The Kurt Cobain Thread

<- thinking about the day me and 2 of my friends spent an hour sitting outside of The Backroom in Austin, on the curb by the van with Doc and Peter talking about black metal and what good beer there is in Poland and how geigh the American scene is and how shit has changed since their band first started... nobody else ever came up to them the entire time. All the fanboys probably thought we were all roadies or something, just sitting around until it was time to load out the "big" band.

<- sad.

Will Shatter-(FLIPPER)-heroin overdose accidental
Piggy-(VOIVOD)-colon cancer
Cliff Burton-(Metallica)-drew the shortest straw

Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love were perfect matches

1. Sloppy guitarists
2. Typical/ stereotypical approach to playing guitar.
3. Junkies

Kurt Cobain could not handle fame..... what a fucking moron. I would have saved money buying a house somewhere retiring from music. He should have been lucky to be getting any attention or money off his shitty guitar playing. If Courney Love shot him it would be even more funny. What was she jealous of... that she knew 3 chords and he knew 4!!!

The Greys said:
Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love were perfect matches

1. Sloppy guitarists
2. Typical/ stereotypical approach to playing guitar.
3. Junkies

Kurt Cobain could not handle fame..... what a fucking moron. I would have saved money buying a house somewhere retiring from music. He should have been lucky to be getting any attention or money off his shitty guitar playing. If Courney Love shot him it would be even more funny. What was she jealous of... that she knew 3 chords and he knew 4!!!

he played sloppy guitar, SO WHAT ?? he was able to write a good song, or at least songs that appealed to people.... something he was obvioulsy better at than you.... thats why he made money.

ps. im not a Nirvana fan.

LOS MAGANDOS said:
he played sloppy guitar, SO WHAT ?? he was able to write a good song...

No. Just because the masses are musical retards does not mean Kurt Cobain is any more accomplished than anyone else.

Thraxz said:
No. Just because the masses are musical retards does not mean Kurt Cobain is any more accomplished than anyone else.

Bleach is a good album and so are the early singles..... they hardly appealed to the masses.

its not like they came from american idol and were marketed to the masses, they came from a scummy underground punk scene and were a band that were "least" likely to get big... they must have hit some nerve in the public conscience....

Ps: the masses also bought bands like the Ramones, ACDC, Black sabbath in their time... doesnt mean they are always retarded now does it ?

LOS MAGANDOS said:
he played sloppy guitar, SO WHAT ?? he was able to write a good song, or at least songs that appealed to people.... something he was obvioulsy better at than you.... thats why he made money.

ps. im not a Nirvana fan.

You're on a Heavy Metal Board Arguing that Success Implies Talent, You're a Fucking Fag

[/analcunt]

:loco:

To clarify: Pretty much everyone around here listens to musicians that make very little money off of the albums they produce. That doesn't make them bad musicians, nor does it make every artist who ever sold a few million records a talented songwriter.

also...

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY FUCKING UP MY PERFECTLY GOOD THREAD FULL OF PERFECTLY USEFUL INFORMATION BY ARGUING ABOUT SOME DOUCHEBAG WITH NO ACTUAL RELEVANCE TO THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD BEYOND THE FACT THAT HE IS DEAD???

GODDAMMMITT!!

Kurt Cobain is a shitty player. Cobain is a shitty dead guitarist that people praise still like he is a great musician. Him and his stupid wah wah pedal solo made the top 50 solos in a mag or something a few years ago. His music is trendy and should die with the trend as forgetable music.

He's not tony iommi or jimmy page. What's the big deal

There are tons of guitarists out there that deserve praise. Not kurt cobain... fuck him. I hope he's in hell