Labyrinth Recommendations?

Listening to "The Night Dreams" off of RtHD. It was driving me crazy, trying to figure out who vocalist Roberto Tiranti reminds me of. Than it hit me... Russ Klimczak, the former singer of Ion Vein.

Zod

Listening to "The Night Dreams" off of RtHD. It was driving me crazy, trying to figure out who vocalist Roberto Tiranti reminds me of. Than it hit me... Russ Klimczak, the former singer of Ion Vein.

Zod

I've heard of Ion Vein, but I'm not familiar with their music. Any recommendations there?

~Brian~

By the way, the title track from RTHD reminds me a great deal of Fates Warning. That song always has that vibe to me.

Zod
I don't think they sound very similar at all .. Rob Tyrant is a lot higher pitched. The only time I actually liked Tyrant's vox was on RTHD .. all the other Labyrinth discs I've heard he seems weaker to my ears, and kind of whiney in spots. RTHD is by far their best disc .. in my opinion. The next time I listen to RTHD I'll see if I pick up any Russ K. vibes.

Britt

I've heard of Ion Vein, but I'm not familiar with their music. Any recommendations there?
The only disc of theirs I own is their latest, "Reigning Memories". I'd say it's a very good disc.

By the way, the title track from RTHD reminds me a great deal of Fates Warning. That song always has that vibe to me.
I'll have to pay closer attention next time I hear it.

Zod

Beyond Tomorrow > Reigning Memories, IMO. It's more Queensryche-y, whereas RM is more Fates-y. Their new stuff is going to slay it all, though.