Ladies and Gentlemen, Sir Russell Allen

TotenMitMacht

JESUSCHRISTONACRUTCH
Jan 31, 2004
First off, this isn't a comparison thread or anything. This should not be argument.

Now, let's talk about Russell Allen. Wow. That guy is amazing. That's all I really have to say.

What does Sir Russ means to me?
Well, let's say he's the one, the principal influence, the main reason why TOMORROW (talk about coincidences...) I'm contacting a vocal teacher and thankfully begin singing lessons, for I can't stand any longer without giving it a try. :p
Wish me luck!

He worked at Medieval Times and is credited in one of the cd booklets as Sir Russell Allen I think, so I guess it was a nickname because of where he used to work.

karelrulez said:
I think Symphony X is almost the only prog-metal band with a singer that has a really good voice. A voice that almost everyone likes when they hear it. Mikael Akerfeldt is really good too.

Eh.....................

Anyways, I like Russell Allen a lot except on some songs on the Odyssey :loco:

Best metal vocalist since Dio, in my opinion. He can do a lot of different things, and has a killer range. He's one of those guys I could listen to sing all day.

And what a killer front man, too.

OfSinsAndShred said:
Best metal vocalist since Dio, in my opinion. He can do a lot of different things, and has a killer range. He's one of those guys I could listen to sing all day.

And what a killer front man, too.

Russ is the best, in my opinion. He has an incredible range and a passion in his delivery that is beyond compare. When I think of Russ, I think about how lucky Romeo was to have found him, which helped him create the perfect band. It was all meant to be, same for all the guys in Symphony X.

Russell Allen truly is my hero, ever since symphony X came around i've wanted to start playing guitar, and singing and shit! Russell Allen has an epic voice, its not only a pallete of colours, but multiple textures. He can make babies fall asleep, girls get turned on, guys scream "I love you" and shatter windows, he has an orgazmix voice!

Russell Allen is a big guy like myself, he is as I like to call him, 'a sexy beast' A guy his size, and in his form is un heard of now days, since we all know how the mainstream bands have hot big breasted or six pack guys...who can;t really sing!

Anyway all in all, Russell is a great guy, and I can't wait to meet him in Montreal! I CAN'T F'ING WAIT!

PS:BIG guys as in tall, he towers over all the symphony X members lol!

He's just a great singer and front man for SymX, it should tell something if Dry Kill Logic's singer things Russ is the best singer on gigantour.

russells voice amazing, and incredibly even MORE dominating live. but perhaps even more impressive is his stage presence. the man looks like he could be a freakin wrestler. his size is very imposing and really showcases the power that comes out of his mouth. i also REALLY dig his solo album, atomic soul!!!

I've said it once and I'll say it again: What makes Russell Allen the greatest singer in the world is not necessarily his stage presence or even his unbelievable range; but it's his uncanny proclivity for the beautiful vocal melodies he creates in SX's songs. And his sublime texture just makes it overkill.