Ladies and Gentlemen, Sir Russell Allen

I like Russell Allen's voice because of the power he manages to belt out, and it's genuine - he holds up just as well live as in the studio. The man has immense diversity - he can do the gentle clean vocals, the harder melodic power vocals and the aggressive growling. I liked his solo effort immensely and it was great to hear him sing a different style. The Battle promises to be a superb record as well if the samples are anything to judge by.

Imaginarium said:
second only to maynard :Spin:
:rolleyes: I love comments like this: I like you so much I think you're second best, but thanks for trying though.

Hmm...no ones mentioned the air guitar yet. I've never had the chance to see them live, but I've seen videos, and the fact that when Russell plays air guitar when he isn't singing is great! It's obvious that he loves his "job" and just wants to have fun with it.

Wow, I can't believe I saw Maynard in the same thread as Russel Allen.

I saw APC a while ago and to this day have never seen a worse live performance in my life. On top of this jerk's (Maynard's) crappy voice, the mofo hid in a dark corner like a sulking child during the entire show and abused fans taking pictures including egging on other fans to attack people taking pics of him.

[/end rant]

I bet Russ wouldn't have a bar of this :) Maynard deserves a double-flying 'atomic' dropkick from an Allen/Romeo tag team.

bball_1523 said:
great singer, I love his voice. He did a perfect job at the Irvine Gigantour.

I was there too and agree. I've only seen them this one time, but I absolutely loved his "just have a great time" attitude. What I mean is, he didn't seem worried about putting on a show. He came out in jeans and a t-shirt and just enjoyed himself.

The sound on the stage they played was terrible though. I also don't care for the sound of Romeo's Line 6 guitar rig... but different strokes for different folks.

rockyracoon said:
russells voice amazing, and incredibly even MORE dominating live. but perhaps even more impressive is his stage presence. the man looks like he could be a freakin wrestler. his size is very imposing and really showcases the power that comes out of his mouth. i also REALLY dig his solo album, atomic soul!!!

LOL! That's funny because I looked over at my buddy when SX came out and said "that dude looks freaking huge!"

He was certainly the highlight of the performance for me. I've only dreamed of playing with a guy that can belt out like that live.

Yes his voice is AMAZING..even live. He does these great falsettos..gives me chills. I had a shot with him last time they came around. He's a really fun guy AND his stature is quite large. haha