www.progworld.com - RUSSELL ALLEN QUITS!!

Alexander TG

The literate drummer
Mar 23, 2003
E. London
Visit site
www.progplanet1.com - Official statement 31/03/04 - 22.35

We can now confirm that Symphony X vocalist Russell Allen has quit the band, the news was broken late last night via an unofficial quote from a pre production engineer for the new album and later confirmed by Russell's agent.

This was the initial statement we received,

'The atmosphere was getting gradually worse when rehearsing the new material, it was clear significant musical differences were emerging between Russell Allen and Michael Romeo. The arguments over lyrics and composition became very heated and I distinctly remember an incident were Michael Romeo threw a full can of Dr.Pepper at Russell's head after criticising one of Michael's solos as 'dog shit'. From that moment on it was hell in the studio, Mike Leopond and Jason Rullo were silent for weeks, desperately trying not to offend either party but one hot afternoon in the studio it all came out to devastating effect. Russell Allen was particularly agitated with Michael and so he put a pin on Michael's chair in the studio when nobody was looking, Michael sat down, he was silent he then clenched his fists while his skin changed colour as the rage built and then wham, 'ahhgggrrrrrrr', he was rampaging across the room throwing cups and chairs whilst Russell ran across the studio using Jason Rullo as a human shield, me and the rest of the guys hid under a table. I tell ya language like I've never heard, he then suddenly decided to set fire to Russell's new leather jacket. Russ leapt for the fire extinguisher but instead of putting out the fire he went straight for Michael screaming out all sorts of profanity spraying the foam all over Michael's hair. In the height of scuffle the studio manager walked in to find his studio on fire, us hiding under the table, foam all over the mixing equipment and the two guys rolling around like a couple of bears on the floor. The guy stood there in shock for a few seconds and I saw the veins in his forehead appear and he turned I kind of pale blue, I cannot say what happened next for legal reasons. Needless to say we didn't get much done that day,

Anon

Michael Romeo and Russell Allen are now only speaking through their attorneys and have agreed to liquidate Symphony X, the battle for royalties now looms.

Michael Romeo finished with this parting shot 'I'm ecstatic to finally see the back of that little turd.

Allen refused to comment.

Funny, but if I end up with dozens of e-mails from panicked fans in countries that don't celebrate April Fools Day, I'm gonna hunt you down.. ;)

AFD joke notwithstanding - rockman, I even know what movie that is you have in your sig! nifty. :)