MIKE PORTNOY AND RUSSELL ALLEN = New Band!!!!

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy revealed in a new Twitter message that he is currently working on a new project with SYMPHONY X frontman Russell Allen. He writes, "VERY excited about a new project I'm working on [with] one my [favorite] singers in the world: my bro, Sir Russell Allen." He adds, "Wait 'till you hear this shit!!!"

:danceboy::OMG::danceboy::OMG:

Everything MP is doing is much more exciting to me than whatever DT is doing. DT may come up with something great but to me it's still not DT without MP. Just a coincidence I was listening to SX all day at work today? Yeah probably...:lol:

Didn't Russell say that he was working on a solo album recently? Maybe Portnoy will be the drummer and that's the "project" he's talking about?

Seems kinda hasty...and seems to step on Russell's recent Symphony X talk...Mike does love the press release, doesn't he?

But, in fairness, it was on his Twitter account and not an "official" press release...although he had to know it would get picked up and ran...

Just as long as MP does no backing vocals... this should be a good listen. Allen is excellent!

With such an amazing vocalist as Allen, this really could really be something else.

I think the awesomeness quotient of this project though, is directly proportional to the amount of time Mike uses a microphone

If I have to hear anything similar to

"It's a miracle he lived
It's a blessing no one died
By the grace of god above
Everyone survived - hooooooaayyyaaahhhhhhhhhhhhrrrgh!!!!!!"

I might have to set the CD on fire......

With such an amazing vocalist as Allen, this really could really be something else.

I think the awesomeness quotient of this project though, is directly proportional to the amount of time Mike uses a microphone

If I have to hear anything similar to

"It's a miracle he lived
It's a blessing no one died
By the grace of god above
Everyone survived - hooooooaayyyaaahhhhhhhhhhhhrrrgh!!!!!!"

I might have to set the CD on fire......

I love that part! I guess I am in the very small minority when it comes to liking Portnoy's vocals.