Laethora schedules live debut -

La Rocque

I am that I am
May 22, 2004
an exit to eternal summer slacking
LAETHORA, the Swedish death/grind band featuring DARK TRANQUILLITY guitarist Niklas Sundin, will make its live debut on June 29 at Belsepub in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Commented Sundin in a posting on the band's MySpace page: "The time is finally here for the LAETHORA collective to take on the stage and unleash their aural assault like pestilence upon the living. It'll be an intense and mayhemic show containing both songs from [the LAETHORA debut album] 'March of the Parasite' as well as a few surprises. Note that we're playing as the second band of the night, so be sure to be there in time in order to witness this historical event."
According to a press release, the band — which also features THE PROVENANCE members Joakim Rosen (guitar), Jonnie Tall (bass) and Joel Lindell (drums) — plays "aggressive music firmly rooted in the death/grind tradition, yet challenging and innovative." In an interview with MTV.com, Sundin described the CD as "extreme and in-your-face, but organic rather than clinical-sounding."

laethorashow_poster.jpg

And up we go. Gotta bump it up, bump it up. Tomorrow is the day, don't miss it.

In the name of inconsistency - I will.

Addy: Stigbergsliden 7 - so take the tram to "Stigbergstorget" and so on.

And oh, don't forget to catch the other bands playing tonight, especially Somber. They're doing their first gig in Gothenburg for uhm, I don't know, 1,5 years or something like that I guess. New material and stuff written during their stay at fatcamp in the US of A. Listen at: http://www.myspace.com/somber

LAETHORA, the Swedish death/grind band featuring DARK TRANQUILLITY guitarist Niklas Sundin, will make its live debut on June 29 at Belsepub in Gothenburg, Sweden.

As long as Europe can't have iPhone... Laethora live show - it can.

Grrrrrrrrr.

i wanted to have both.

Well, I guess this is further proof that no matter who you have in the band,
you can still end up sounding like 10000000 other bands in the genre.
Not impressed.

Aw come on, I don't think Laethora's music sounds too much like, say, Aborted, or Cryptopsy, or whatever. I know they're supposed to be Death/Grind but I really didn't notice much Grind in their sound. It appeared as a rather refreshing Death Metal act to my ears.

"It'll be an intense and mayhemic show containing both songs from [the LAETHORA debut album] 'March of the Parasite' as well as a few surprises"

If you were there or does anyone know what were the musical surprises?
Thanks -

LAETHORA, the Swedish death/grind band featuring DARK TRANQUILLITY guitarist Niklas Sundin, will play its second show ever this Friday, Febraury 29 at Sticky Fingers in Gothenburg. Headlining the concert will be WITHIN Y, who will celebrate the release of its new album. According to a posting on LAETHORA's web site, fans can expect to hear "several new compositions" that will appear on the group's upcoming sophomore CD
LAETHORA's debut album, "March of the Parasite", was released in February 2007 via The End Records.
According to a press release, the band — which also features THE PROVENANCE members Joakim Rosen (guitar), Jonnie Tall (bass) and Joel Lindell (drums) — plays "aggressive music firmly rooted in the death/grind tradition, yet challenging and innovative." In an interview with MTV.com, Sundin described the CD as "extreme and in-your-face, but organic rather than clinical-sounding."