Laiho's and Kuoppala's Pickups?

bodomjuho

Nov 25, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Does anybody know that which pickups they have in their new ESP's? I know that them are EMG HZ-H4 pickups but does they have Alnico 5 magnets in those or Ceramic magnets? EMG have made it with both of them. Sorry For Bad English!

I'm not for sure, but being a guitarist myself, and knowing the style they play, im gonna say -ceramic- , simply because of the higher output produced that way, etc. I could be totally wrong, but it's probably the best guess...I also think the only reason those arent 81's, is because ESP has some kinda special contract with EMG on those new passive pickups they designed..Im sure Alexi or Alu could have gotten what they wanted..but they decided to get these for the hell of it? I dunno..im almost backtracking myself...time to stop talking! O_O:hotjump:

Alexi would change to Jackson Pickups (J50 BC), I think, because he had them in his Jacksons! He said to me that he will change the pickup soon, I forgot to ask wich he will chose, but I'm pretty sure again Jackson!

The 81 is a rather bland pickup, needs lots of colour from the pedal, or the amp to make it sound better. Why would Alexi change his pickups? EMGs are fine. If you give me a good reason, other than "EMGs suck" I won't proceed to beat you like the little bitch that you are...

oh shit thi sreminds me, i need to call easton guitar to order my Jackson J-50 BC, with the nice cover. thanks dood.