Lamb Of God

Colonial Boy

Havenless
Apr 18, 2003
Portsmouth, UK
Visit site
Anyone else like them here? I bought As The Palaces Burn yesterday and I love it! Good old fashioned riffs and no stupid clean vocals to ruin it. Annoyed the hell out my neighbours when I turned it up. What genre do they fit into?

well I guess I would call log a metal band with breakdowns or as some ppl like to call it "metalcore" because it's pretty fucking metal, but there are parts in there songs that you can def get your mosh on for.

I love Lamb Of God. As The Palaces Burn totally owns! It is very catchy, yet still heavy as fuck. In terms of genre, I think that Lamb Of God are almost death metal - they are a groove oriented brutal thrash/post-thrash band.

They aren't metalcore, they are far closer to death metal than metalcore. They have some hardcore influences, especially in the breakdowns, but they aren't really metalcore at all. I would call them hardcore influenced death metal, with the hardcore influence being so slight that they cannot be considered metalcore.

I bought As The Palaces Burn yesterday and I love it! Good old fashioned riffs and no stupid clean vocals to ruin it.
I don't have anything against clean vocals. That comment was inane and unnecessary.

That being said, Lamb Of God would not sound good with clean vocals, and they do kick ass. What they're doing is working fine just the way it is.

The video for 11th Hour rules!

I said no stupid clean vocals cos the record would sound ridiculous and wouldn't suit the music, not because I don't like clean vocals. Its just a lot of bands put them in to sound emotional and end up ruining a good album.