Lame Slate / Kontakt Problem - Missing Samples

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Everytime I load up Kontakt , and try to open the V-Drum kits , it always says Missing shitload of samples. Then I have to tell it to look in the exact folder I just did the batch re-save on , and it finds them. If I find and load those samples , then open a different kit , and then try to re-open the last kit , you would think the program would remember that kit since I never closed the program, right? Well apparently that is too much to ask lol. The install instructions for the Slate packs are so ambiguous and filled with holes. How the fuck do I get this program to remember where these samples are?

FWIW , The Instrument ones load fine... only the Multis are giving me trouble.

Really, that's strange. I thought it was pretty awesome besides the fact that I have to find these samples EVERY fuckin time. I read some shit about it being slow/ not working right on some computers , but it works great for me. So does anyone know how to solve this or what

Fragle , I do not see a Kontakt 3.5 update for windows, only OSX/ I see Finale GPO Kontakt for windows but I don't know what that is

It happened only once for me. I'd try to load any kit and there would be half the files missing. Never happened again after a reboot and restarting Kontakt. Weird.

wait a min are talking about kontakt 3.5 or slate ex 3.5? cause I have slate 3.5

maybe my file structure is off... i know for instance slate tells you to put all the files in the samples folder , and there IS no samples folder so you have to create one...

hey guys. Just figured out a fix with some vid on youtube. I had to rebuild the database and show it where the folder was again. Also I did not know that I had to select the kit from the drop down menu up top. I was trying to double click on the kits under the steven slate ex logo , which apparently is wrong...what the hell is that even there for? To confuse people lol

hey guys. Just figured out a fix with some vid on youtube. I had to rebuild the database and show it where the folder was again. Also I did not know that I had to select the kit from the drop down menu up top. I was trying to double click on the kits under the steven slate ex logo , which apparently is wrong...what the hell is that even there for? To confuse people lol

If you have the link to that video, I'd really like to see it. It may also help some others in the future :)

there is a pretty simple reason why this happens. Its because on a PC, your external drive letters change. So if you initially install the library on drive D:, and then you unplug it and plug it back in and the PC calls it drive E:, Kontakt will ask to manually point to the samples. So go to options, database, and then tell it where to look for the Steven Slate folder.

Kontakt is super easy, you just have to know a few simple things. This issue is discussed on the FAQ at SlateDrums site too.

Feel free to post any questions as I'm glad to help here too.

Alex

there is a pretty simple reason why this happens. Its because on a PC, your external drive letters change. So if you initially install the library on drive D:, and then you unplug it and plug it back in and the PC calls it drive E:, Kontakt will ask to manually point to the samples. So go to options, database, and then tell it where to look for the Steven Slate folder.

Kontakt is super easy, you just have to know a few simple things. This issue is discussed on the FAQ at SlateDrums site too.

Feel free to post any questions as I'm glad to help here too.

Alex

Actually I installed on a secondary internal drive , but I know what you mean. I just wish Kontakt would suggest rebuilding the database as soon as samples are missing , I could've saved a few hours of searching had that been the case...