Why In SSD.....

ADRSean

Apr 18, 2008
So I've had this program for a while and the samples and the only way I can do these is using drumagog and replacing the kick/snare/tom layers in my DAW which all I have is Adobe Audition. I have the kontakt player obviously, is there a way to load in a midi file of the drums into the KONTAKT player? I'm such a n00b with this program, not production but yeah. Feel free to flame me!

I have the kontakt player obviously, is there a way to load in a midi file of the drums into the KONTAKT player?

If you´re using Kontakt Player standalone version (outside the DAW) the answer is no.

You need to load the MIDI file on a DAW (Audition in your case) and run Kontakt Player as a VSTi (don´t even know if Audition let you do it), and config the MIDI track output to the Kontakt Player VSTi.

adobe audition in the past couldn't load VSTI's - i dont know about now in adobe audition 3 because i made the switch to mac

anyway you need a host application - try googling some of these to load up your VSTi and trigger off the midi

Hermann Seib - VstHost
Hermann Seib - SaviHost
PQNAudio - VSTSeq
Tobybear Productions - MiniHost

dont worry seán, you will find your feet in here fast enough - just keep asking questions

You can do it in Audition 3.0

Insert a midi track.
Choose the Kontakt Player for the VSTi.
Program the midi.

Realize it's a pain in the ass after dropping $350. (Like me.)
Switch to Reaper.
Wonder how you worked in Audition all these years.

Done.

Reaper is not free. You get a 30 days full working version. After 30 days the program still continue to work with no limits, but you "should" buy it if you continue using it.

+1 for reaper. it gives you the opportunity to use it for free forever, and if you decide you like it, you will be more than happy to thank its creators with the meager $60 they're asking for.

some buddies of mine were fumbling around with audition trying to record their indie band, i downloaded reaper (legally) and had it running within three minutes and they were blown away. never looked back. it's super simple and straightforward, but very powerful at the same time. you'll be crankin with SSD within minutes.

http://www.reaper.fm