two SSD3.0 questions

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
hey there,

i got two questions regarding the SSD3 kontakt player, maybe anyone can help me out?

- what's the best way to program cymbal chokes? there only seems to be one choke preset for one of the crashes, which doesn't sound that good tbh.
with addictive drums, there were dedicated midi notes for each cymbals and also for the chokes, which worked pretty well. i wonder how to program this stuff for SSD3?

- is there a way to blend kick/snare samples within the kontakt player? basically, loading two different snares and blending them to taste, rather than having to use drumagog/aptrigga on the individual outs, with all the mistriggers?
also, there's the 16-32 page in the kontakt player, where you can load different cymbals etc. but, how do you actually play them back? i can't seem to find their respective midi notes in the piano roll?
i'd really like to have a kit with two rides...

so, i just realized that was actually 3 questions lol.

First question- can't help you with that.

Second question- you just have to load an individual instrument of a snare or whatever you want to load. Do this into the already loaded drum set you want and set the midi note to match the original snare or kick or anything you choose. This will trigger both samples at the same time.

The cymbal choke samples in SSD are used to choke the regular cymbal hits. So you program a regular crash hit, then when you want the drummer to grab it and choke it you trigger the choke sample and it'll cut off the previous cymbal hit. This way you can have tempo specific chokes so you can hold them as long or as short as you like. The choke sample isn't meant to be used on it's own.

yes, i know...thats the way it's working in AD, too.
however, i think there's only a choke sample for one of the crashes - what about the other cymbals?

as for the multi samples thing, thanks! sounds logical haha...

alright, multi samples are up and running.

so are the chokes for the two crashes. :)
still, is there ANY way to programm decent sounding chokes for the splashes and the china??