landing onthe moon fake????

R

rebirth

Telescope to challenge moon doubters
By Robert Matthews in London
November 25 2002

Was this real or faked?

Conspiracy theorists, you have a problem. In an effort to silence claims that the Apollo moon landings were faked, European scientists are to use the world's newest and largest telescope to see whether the spacecraft are still on the lunar surface.

For years, doubters have claimed that NASA, the United States space agency, spent billions of dollars faking the landings to convince the world that it had beaten the Soviet Union to the moon. Evidence cited has ranged from the absence of stars on any photographs taken by the astronauts to the way that the Stars and Stripes they planted seemed to flutter in a vacuum.

This month NASA tried to put an end to the controversy by commissioning a definitive account of the evidence for the landings. Days later it dropped the idea after criticism that it was wasting money by taking on the lunatic fringe: naturally, this only boosted claims that the agency was trying to hide something.

Now astronomers hope to kill off the conspiracy theory forever by using the Very Large Telescope (VLT) - by far the most powerful telescope in the world - to spot the Apollo lunar landers.

Operated by European astronomers in the Chilean Andes, the VLT has four mirrors eight metres across linked by optical fibres. It can see a single human hair from 16 kilometres away.

Trained on the moon, such astonishing resolution should enable it to see the base of one or more of the six lunar modules that NASA insists landed on the moon between 1969 and 1972.

Supporters of the conspiracy theory welcomed the news that astronomers were to photograph the landing sites. But Marcus Allen, the British publisher of Nexus magazine and a long-time advocate of the theory, said photographs of the lander would not prove that the US put men on the moon. "Getting to the moon really isn't much of a problem - the Russians did that in 1959," he said. "The big problem is getting people there."

According to Mr Allen, NASA was forced to send robots to the moon and faked the manned missions because radiation levels in space were lethal to humans.

100% FAKE
THE GOVERMENT WAS HAVING A SPACE RACE WITH RUSSIA
TO SEE WHO COULD GET TO THE MOON FIRST
WELL THEY DECIED TO WASTE ABOUT A BILLION DOLLARS ON SOME BACK DROPS AND SOME CHEAP ASS (LOOK A LIKE ) MOON DIRT
there was a special on tv about it a few years back

I saw that show also and it totally convinced me. Objects were just so..so...cleeaann in certain pictures; when they should have been dirty....I felt so foolish for believing such a lie all this time. :mad:

God, you guys are so naive it kills me.

To be convinced by a TV SHOW? A FOX TV show no less?

So do you take anything you see on tv to be the absolute truth? Let me tell you something you may not have realized, not everything on TV is true! ESPECIALLY ON FOX. They air shows for ratings, not truth.

Believe me, we landed on the moon. If you'd put any effort into actually researching it instead of believing the stupid tv show instantly, youd realize there are like 1000 different webpages out there that debunk EVERY SINGLE thing that moon-landing hoax TV show, or all the conspiracy theorists said

Here's some links, read and enlighten yourselves. Don't be so naive next time.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/iangoddard/moon01.htm

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/ConspiracyTheoryDidWeGototheMoon.htm

http://www.clavius.org/

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/may2000/959341359.As.r.html

" The tv lies and pacifies ... "

___

and leafblower has a point. FOX, people? FOX has to be one of the most bullshit spewing channels, not quite up there with CNN, but still pretty bad.

I did find it funny though how NASA spent a lot of money on a book which disproves point for point what the conspiracy theorists say, but critics commented how NASA was just giving in to the pressure or something, so they struck their names from the work and retracted their funding to the project

[edit: put back in words that I accidentally deleted earlier]

Never saw the tv show, but I don't know. It could be true and it could be faked. I'll just wait for them to find out with the Very Large Telescope (hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha).

"I did find it funny though how NASA spent a lot of money on a book which disproves point for point what the conspiracy theorists say, but critics commented how NASA was just giving in to the pressure or something, so they struck their names from the work and retracted their funding to the project."
Yeah, it's kind of weird why they would want to do that, if they didn't have to disprove anything. Doesn't make sense to me why they would even waste their time doing that. And then to back out of it, just because someone said they were giving in to pressure. Sure seems like they have something to hide.

sure it matters to me. ITs the bassis for us landing on another planet. And in around 5 billion, our suns diameter will exxeed the space in which EARTH is setting. SO yeah. Plus, we did it, so that means it should be recognized. All this being my opinion, all but the part about the sun, and the basis for landing on another planet.

But then what?

We land on another planet and get our ass kicked by bonified aliens man.

you ever see MARS ATTACKS?

fuck dude, I dont want that shit happening

:lol:

I would still go hahaha. Always wanted to. IMO, SPace travel, exploration is needed. We could mine an asrtroid, or meteor, live on the moon, mars, etc.

But I don't know if it is right for humans to go into space. Space is so beautiful, if we go into it, we'll just screw it up like we did Earth.

sure, there are lifeforms looking for another hospitable planet.

IT sure would be hard for them to get here though. Without some sort of worm hole..etc..

naw, Mankind seems to be evolving rather quickly in terms of technology.

Id say no more than 500 years till we're on mars.

hell, there are already prototypes of hover cars.