language used in music

i like when lyrics are a mix of different languages, cause some languages sounds better for aggressivity (for example) and other sounds better for sweetness etc...

@LePhilosopheAthe : tu as raison il faut etre fiere de sa langue natale =)

Originally posted by Ziuwarian
No, I think it's great if a band uses native language (in most cases, that sounds better than trying but failing in English, right? ;) ) cause it IS native - and thuse they could express them selves better, eventually.

That is EXACTLY what I meant!!!!!!!

I think for a band to sing in their native language lends so much more character to their music, makes it more interesting.
I read once in an interview of Timo Kotipelto when he was asked if Stratovarius would ever make a song with Finnish lyrics - his response was that if we were to hear a Stratovarius song sung in Finnish that we would know why they won't do a song like that. I wonder if he has even tried it.
He has obviously not heard Moonsorrow. I would be very disappointed should Moonsorrow ever choose to sing in English. That band has the most beautiful blend of musical elements. There's some very talented people in that band.

Originally posted by manuelgv
it depends.I like the sound of songs in french and other languages but I also want to know what they singer is saying so I preffer english for that matter
also spanish but there is only one metal band in spanish...brujeria
I disagree. The Spain metal scene have many metal bands in spanish. Like Santa sangre , Baron Rojo and earlier in the 80's Angeles del Infierno.