Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Hammer Of The Gods (bonus track)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
We're reaching the end of "what's your favourite song on.." polls. I deliberately omitted the live albums and FSSD to be able to start a summary poll for our favourite Testament song ever- that will come later (once there are at least 50 votes cast on each of the polls, let's say)

Now it's time for "The Gathering". This record's full of great tracks (I love "3 Days In Darkness", "True Believer", "Sewn Shut Eyes"), but 3 songs really stand out among all these memorable tunes; and these are: "DNR", "Riding The Snake" and "Down For Life" for me. I voted for the first track. It's absolutely a killer- great tempo, phenomenal vocals, fabulous drumming, great expression and harmonization with the lyrics (which themselves are very well-written - undoubtedly personal, yet universal) and that slower part when Chuck sings "wings of sadness will hold my prayers..." throws me on the floor every single time I listen to it. A perfect modern Thrash song in my opinion.

What songs do you find the best on TG?

I pick D.N.R. for the exact reasons you listed, it's the most perfect metal song I've ever heard. EThe Gathering is amazing, easily their best album and it contains their best songwriting IMO. D.N.R. and Down For Life are the two best back to back tracks I've ever heard. I really don't understand how this album isn't listed along with Master of Puppets and Reign In Blood as the greatest thrash albums ever. I think it blows both of those away.

It is one of my top 3 or top 5 albums of all time

This is a perfect album, each song is just ...well...did i say perfect?

but actually with all the songs being ...hhmmmm...perfect?, there is still one that stands above...

great intro led by Hippie, then crazy drumm work opening by the one and only Dave and than the songs opens in one of my fav (if not the fav) riffs of all time.

jazz influences, great passes through different riffs.... my vote goes for Riding the Snake

DNR for me, but it's a fantastic album all-around, and
I especially like Chuck's vocals on this one,
the man roars like a lion. Allegiance seems like a very personal track
and the mix is incredible. Sounds great in the car. Crank it up!

...erm... still waiting for the next f'kin album... if other bay area thrash
bands can do it, TestamenT can blow them away, surely.

I'm bringing up the old polls so that some newer users may cast their votes and I'll start the big summary poll some time next week, so vote if you haven't done it yet.

DNR. As others said, the definitive all-time thrash song. Only drawback is lack of a solo - but truth is, it would ruin the perfection. And it's not like James and Eric don't display mad skillz with the riffs themselves.

I rarely ever listen to this album. I don't know why, but I just prefer every other Testament album over it. The only song I bother to listen to is D.N.R.

MetalT

Yeah, I voted for 3 Days in Darkness as well. It was a toss up between that and Eyes of Wrath for me. I like all the songs but those two especially.