Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Man this one is tough!
DNR
Three Days Of Darkness
The Fall of Sipledome
True Believer
Legions of the Dead:headbang:

The Cd is Brutal, one their best in my opinion! The overall tone, rawness, speed,
and melodies keep bringing this one back to my CD player!:headbang:

Once again I can't choose so I went for DNR.That and Fall of Sipledome along with Riding the snake are my favorites.But it's kind of like asking what internal organ I prefer.You need them all! I guess my least favorite is True Believer.Not for any real reason except to just pick one.

I pick D.N.R. for the exact reasons you listed, it's the most perfect metal song I've ever heard. EThe Gathering is amazing, easily their best album and it contains their best songwriting IMO. D.N.R. and Down For Life are the two best back to back tracks I've ever heard. I really don't understand how this album isn't listed along with Master of Puppets and Reign In Blood as the greatest thrash albums ever. I think it blows both of those away.

The stupid ass critics might not rank it with those albums but I think the real fans of Thrash do...and after all aren't we what matter? :headbang:

One of the greatest albums of all-time. Down For Life is my favorite, but it's all good.

I've never heard the bonus track, though. Where can I get my hands on a copy?
it's an instrumental that was supposed to be a song with vocals, but the band didn't manage to finish it before they had to release the album. You can finf it on the Japanese version of the album or here:

Last edited by a moderator:
first time Iam in the minority!!!! :headbang: :lol:

well that's very difficult to pick out one cause it's one of my favourite albums ever
and esp. lyrically it has a lot of meaning.
my favourites are: Careful What you wish for, Dnr, Down for Life, Allegiance and True Believer but every song is great. :cool:

This is a great album overall, though "D.N.R.", "Eyes Of Wrath", "True Believer", "Legions Of The Dead", and "Riding The Snake" are the songs I like best on it. Choosing between these songs is immensely difficult, and "D.N.R." is truly one of the most explosive openings to an album of all time. I still remember the first time I heard it, feeling like my head had been blown off when that storming riff came forth after the quiet intro part! I've always held a special place in my heart for "True Believer" though, due to the images and feelings that the song invokes in me. That crushing riff during the bridge certainly helps too though! hehe :)

"Down For Life" is more of a groove orientated song really... as heavy as it is! The thrash orientated songs on the album are "D.N.R.", "Legions Of The Dead", and "Fall Of Sipledome"...

Yeah, I suppose. DNR kicks it off perfectly, but I just love Down for Life. It always make me want to crank the stereo even more!

Yeah, DFL is both groovy and thrashy. It's perhaps one of the most energetic songs ever written, it just makes you want to move and smash the objects around you :hotjump:. Perfectly balanced song, really - heavy and fast just enough, not exaggerated in any element. It slows down for a short while just to kick back with more intensity. It's the kind of a song where you don't notice the lack of a solo.

Not as gloomy as the rest of the album too (not gloomy at all, really), despite the lyrical theme.

The moment when Dave hits the cymbal at 1:21 is already legendary. I love the part from 2:47 onwards as well. The fact that the intro riff is so similar to Overkill's "Elimination" doesn't hurt too.

Of course, like with the rest of the album, I wouldn't mind hearing SDG more, since he's doing awesome stuff there:

It's such a great track for a live set, much better than DNR in my opinion as the intensity of the latter cannot be captured during live performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Never noticed the similarity with 'Elimination' til you mentioned it, but yeah, it does a bit.
It's a great all rounder of a record, but the first two songs especially kick ass. Love James Murphy's work on here.