last comments about the two new songs

Rosa Negra Imortal

love never dies
Jun 13, 2002
Jardim da Saudade
Visit site
Ok...as many people here, I was hunger to listen to the new songs...when I finally listened to them it was like having an orgasm...
At the very beginnig, I found the music different, great, the best I ever heard, the most beautiful ones and other positive qualifications.
But I woke up from the transe, listened to the songs again and all that explosion was not there anymore. Why?
They're not overplayed for me...I just realised that these songs are cool, but there's nothing new on them except for the vocal lines.
I don't know, but these songs are rest from the BWP recording sessions or they're really new material of the upcoming double cd? I hope is the first option.
Anyway, I think that Opeth can do much better as they did in their albuns...the Opeth quality guarantee.

i too was suprised when i heard them, cause i was expecting something like bwp.
anyway the songs were nice and all, but nothing special.. mr Ä's voice is great though.
i probably wont buy the new rerelase.

Originally posted by Rosa Negra Imortal
I don't know, but these songs are rest from the BWP recording sessions or they're really new material of the upcoming double cd? I hope is the first option.
I believe those two tracks were from the BWP recording sessions. They might hint at what the mellow album is going to be like...but then again, Opeth might surprise us.

i think those tracks are an amazing new turn for opeth. It shows their talent in calm melodic songs, and i agree that his vocals freaking rock

I'll admit that i didn't think much of the songs... and as is the case with most Opeth re-releases, the extra tracks ruin the continuity of the songs, but obviously that isn't Mikael's fault....... If the publishers left things the way he intended.......

There no light/heavy contrast.... no complexity, and the songs are unlike ANY other Opeth song (except harvest), so I'm getting the impression that they're just buttering up the 'straight-metal-heads' for when the tandem new release/s come out....

On the whole I'd have to say I'm not overly impressed with the new tracks, but I'm STILL confident that the new albums will shine in their own way.........

Originally posted by Useful Idiot

I believe those two tracks were from the BWP recording sessions. They might hint at what the mellow album is going to be like...but then again, Opeth might surprise us.

These song are not from the Bwp sessions, you can hear that the production on the songs differs a lot from the bwp songs, also as someone pointed out, they were recorded at jonas Renkse´s home "studio".

Originally posted by Mayh

These song are not from the Bwp sessions, you can hear that the production on the songs differs a lot from the bwp songs, also as someone pointed out, they were recorded at jonas Renkse´s home "studio".
Ah yes...does anybody know when they were recorded? Was it around the time that BWP was being recorded or more recently?

They're just a couple quick tracks he banged out for the thing, I think. There could easily be something like this on the "other" new album, but I would bet that there will be a lot of surprises too. Remember, it's not just a mellow album, it's their one to mess around with. I think it's like.. they want to experiment without breaking their sound, which I imagine they like to play and people like to listen to. So it's room to basically do whatever without worries. If he doesn't start rapping suddenly on one track, I'll feel cheated.

I don't like the new ones, and I didn't like blackwater park much either (like I sayed 20000 times ago...).
Don't get me wrong, I like changes in music and I like mellow and simple music as well (I listen to katatonia and other goth rock bands) but the interest I had in Opeth just faded...
Though I still like Orchid and Morningrise.

"...the interest I had in Opeth just faded..."

As long as all of Opeth never fades for you, you're OK in my book. :p I haven't been successful at obtaining these tracks for myself yet.
sad.gif

Now that AG is down, I suppose Kazaa is the best way to go to get the tracks. As Mikael told us... they were 2 songs recorded rather poorly at Jonas Renske's home, with a glove over the mic :lol:. So I'm thinking that they were recorded after the BWP sessions, and kind of as 'demo' tracks of what's to come on the new mellow album.