I was making a new MP3 CD for my car with new songs...

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
...and only Opeth had songs that have passed from CD to CD. Every six months or so, I make a new MP3 CD to keep in the changer of my car with around 120 songs on it. I try very hard not to have repeat songs from the previous CD. The following Opeth songs have been passed yet again to my new CD:
Deliverance (multiple CD's)
Closure (multiple CD's)
Ghost of Perdition (2nd time)

For the first time in years I didn't put The Drapery Falls or The Funeral Portrait on the CD, but I added Serenity Painted Death on the new one. Only two bands in my collection seem to always get multiple songs on my new CD's, Opeth and Grip Inc. And these two bands usually have the same songs get passed down, but more Opeth then Grip Inc.

It just goes to show that with me there is no tiring from listening to Opeth over and over again.

NineFeetUnderground said:
youll get there eventually. i listen to opeth once every 6 months tops. i couldnt do it on a daily basis, id go insane.
wow. the longest i could go would be much, much less than 1/2 a year...

youll get there eventually. i listen to opeth once every 6 months tops. i couldnt do it on a daily basis, id go insane.

So you've listened to Opeth 8 times since you joined this forum but posted 3,500 times?
You're bored of listening to them but constantly discussing them you enjoy frequently?

Well i'm not one to judge...

MetalManCPA said:
...and only Opeth had songs that have passed from CD to CD. Every six months or so, I make a new MP3 CD to keep in the changer of my car with around 120 songs on it. I try very hard not to have repeat songs from the previous CD. The following Opeth songs have been passed yet again to my new CD:
Deliverance (multiple CD's)
Closure (multiple CD's)
Ghost of Perdition (2nd time)

For the first time in years I didn't put The Drapery Falls or The Funeral Portrait on the CD, but I added Serenity Painted Death on the new one. Only two bands in my collection seem to always get multiple songs on my new CD's, Opeth and Grip Inc. And these two bands usually have the same songs get passed down, but more Opeth then Grip Inc.

It just goes to show that with me there is no tiring from listening to Opeth over and over again.

No Funeral Portrait? Greatest song EVER!! I hear ya, though. I listen to Opeth daily. There is one Grip Inc song I really like, can't think of the name and don't think I ever DLed it. Any Grip Inc suggestions?

He doesn't have to obsess over them every day to be able to discuss them. I stopped listening to them for a while too, but lately I've been sucked back in. I'm sure he listened to them enough to form valid opinions on them.

Reflections_of_the_Underdark said:
So you've listened to Opeth 8 times since you joined this forum but posted 3,500 times?
You're bored of listening to them but constantly discussing them you enjoy frequently?

Well i'm not one to judge...

not since i joined the forum. but as of the last few years. i got completely burnt out. besides, theres so much more music out there to listen to...i cant listen to anything that regularly these days as it is.

That wasn't my point, not that i was particularly making a point.
If i was making a point its that do you know get bored discussing the same topics ad infinitum?

Is there a really a need to talk Opeth every single day?
Especially when you've got to the point of having to listen to them only every six months.

Also surely, he knows himself his reasons more than you?
There isn't a necessity to defend any regular poster whenever a question is asked of them, although of course you're entitled to express your opinion on whatever you like.

Edit: I see NFU. This isn't a criticism - geniune curiosity, why is it that you still visit the forum regularly then?

Not that it matters but i can only listen to them about every 2 months now, The Axis of Perdition are my regular listening experience at the moment. Have you heard of them?

That wasn't my point, not that i was particularly making a point.
If i was making a point its that do you know get bored discussing the same topics ad infinitum?

Is there a really a need to talk Opeth every single day?
Especially when you've got to the point of having to listen to them only every six months.

Also surely, he knows himself his reasons more than you?
There isn't a necessity to defend any regular poster whenever a question is asked of them, although of course you're entitled to express your opinion on whatever you like.

Edit: I see NFU. This isn't a criticism - geniune curiosity, why is it that you still visit the forum regularly then?

Not that it matters but i can only listen to them about every 2 months now, The Axis of Perdition are my regular listening experience at the moment. Have you heard of them?

i have friends here? i still enjoy the band? we talk about things not related to opeth which im interested in?

i have friends here? i still enjoy the band? we talk about things not related to opeth which im interested in?

All good reasons, i just though off topic talk was sort of 'weeded out'.
Fair enough.

I go on one music forum quite often and can understand the community (we've all met up at gigs and talk on MSN etc) but just didn't think it could work on an official forum.

Cool.

A lot of us regulars use this forum (or would like to, when the moderators allow it) to talk about other music besides just Opeth.

Tybud said:
No Funeral Portrait? Greatest song EVER!! I hear ya, though. I listen to Opeth daily. There is one Grip Inc song I really like, can't think of the name and don't think I ever DLed it. Any Grip Inc suggestions?

Being that Grip Inc is my 2nd favorite band, I have many suggestions, but my 3 top favorites are:

Hostage to Heaven
Curse of the Cloth
Skin Trade