Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

I like that Brave video...except for the clapping during the middle bit of Anders doing the lead. It's not U2...just kinda made it sound happier. Lunatics.

I would have liked it if the shows were being spread all over europe too. I live in Vienna (Wien) but it was too wishful to think they'd be playing their special show here anyways.

So we flew to Zaandam (and more important Amsterdam ^^ ) for 4 days and to watch the concert. It was simply amazing, BRAVE (!!), I break, the whole LFTGD album, Wait Outside and so on. Perfect.
The voices weren't perfect, admittably, but all in all it was OK. Katatonia is simply not THE live band, but the music is far too good to hide it away from audiences. A very big thanks to the band & crew that they made this happen. Setlist-wise it could've been better though (why so much new songs? no DODS? no VE?) but I won't complain. I could've sworn they'd play Scarlet Heavens ;)

Next time I want to see Brave Murder Day being played in its entirety though :D

Awesome! Maybe it was you and your friends that Carly and I ran into in the Red Light District the night before the show?

Man, shame on anyone that didn't come up and say hello if you recognized me! How often are you going to get to party with the most erotic member of this forum? You know that if you were on my side of the world, I'd be shoving Patron down your throat and forcing you to ride on a party bus with me. What's the worst that can happen from meeting new people? Worst case scenario- you say "it was cool meeting you, maybe we can 69 some time" and walk away. Best case scenario- you meet someone that you'll actually 69. Vincent came right up to Carly and I and we were instant BFF's... I would have loved to have had the opportunity to earn everyone else's friendship over the course of the evening.

My only regrets:
I only had ~10 Euro to last me until I could get to Amsterdam the next day and exchange some more money, otherwise I would have been much more drunk and would have been buying Patron for everyone else. For whatever reason, my credit card only worked at like 2 of the 12 places in The Netherlands that I tried it at, so all of my cash went FAST.

I wish that CiS and Swany would have 69'ed as a bonus for everyone at the VIP event.

I also wish that I could have stayed out later to party, but everyone else seemed to need to catch a train, and my party was tired. I was ready to turn Zaandam into a 2 sq km dance floor. NEXT TIME.

I hope that you'll enjoy some of the photos from our Euro-adventures that preceded the show:

We did a Mediterranean cruise (Barcenlona, Nice, Rome, Sardinia). I owed the dance floor:
IMG_2057.jpg

Beach in France:
a1ed.jpg

Enjoying the cool, beautiful waters of the sun-drenched French Riviera:
IMG_2037.jpg

Vatican= :puke:
a2ed.jpg

Montserrat:
IMG_2084.jpg

In Amsterdam:

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

Enjoying some tea and SoCo that a nice young football fan on a train offered to share with me:
IMG_2118.jpg

Katatonia:

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

Vincent J looks too nervous in his photos. He should chug some Patron and just not give a fuck!!!

IMG_2110.jpg

Cheers to everyone involved! It was a rare night where I didn't drink myself into a coma and still had a good time anyway!

I've seen a lot of people in Zaandam, but I'm also too shy to say hi :oops:
Huge, HUGE mistake! D: We could have sung our favourite Diabolical Masquerade songs together and annoyed the hell out of Mr. Blakkheim! :D I mean, I can even "sing" (almost every) guitar line! ...or we could have just embarrassed ourselves, which would have also been fine! *POUT*

Aww crap :(
I think I saw you and Cis walking by a Greek restaurant while I was parking my car, but I assumed I'd catch you inside.
That's what they all say *g* I'm glad you also had a good time and enjoyed yourself. See you at the next meet-up, hopefully!

Now it's official: I should have gone to Zandaam. Damn.
...see, while I personally enjoy to meet people from the forum or just fellow fans in general, the most important thing about all this should be the show. Seeing Katatonia live, getting something from the experience and just enjoy yourself (in whatever way, I heard rumours some think that "having fun" is out of question)... walk out afterwards, almost wipe a tear and think "Awww, I'm glad to live on the very planet where they have Katatonia."
So, if you think at least some of this applies to your experience, then it's fine! You can still hang out with everyone online - because I really don't think it's anything elitist as in "You weren't there, you suck." that's just wank.
tl;dr: Don't say you should have gone to Zaandam, when you loved Cologne! <3

Can we all agree that giving the "horns" in every picture is really lame and makes you look like a dork?
I feel like agreeing, but I have to plead guilty myself... but then, I'm a dork anyway so who cares? :loco:

Don't be shy! It's ok to say hi to someone you recognize from an internet forum. Seriously.
Yeah, but please don't say "Hey, I think I know you from somewhere"... because the internet isn't "somewhere".

My only regrets:
I only had ~10 Euro to last me until I could get to Amsterdam the next day and exchange some more money, otherwise I would have been much more drunk and would have been buying Patron for everyone else. For whatever reason, my credit card only worked at like 2 of the 12 places in The Netherlands that I tried it at, so all of my cash went FAST.
It sounds incredibly stupid, but you should have said something! (Weren't we talking about money anyways? ;D) Because when I got myself a drink and saw how much I was carrying around...! Too slow, Swany, always too slow. Next time lemme know and I buy you a round! ;)

Loving your pics!!! And Vincent wasn't nervous, if he was nervous, he wouldn't have worn white. Because if he wouldn't have worn white, he wouldn't have stood out like a sore thumb! :p (Or maybe he was nervous because he wore white? o.ô)

@ Anthony3:
To be honest, I'm generally not too fond of people taking plenty of videos at shows (yeah, because some stand there unmoving from start to end and film just EVERYTHING and bitch at you when you accidently touch them... because you messed up their srs bzns pixelated yt video)... but the quality of yours is truly impressive and now I really can't wait for the DVD. Thanks for sharing! ;D

I don't know why people waste their time filming with such shit cameras. There was a guy in front of me in Paris filming with some camera that didn't even have a screen, I don't know how the hell he knew what he was getting in his frame. I film some choice songs at gigs, rarely the whole thing. Mainly for promotional purposes, if I can get someone to watch a video and become a fan then I am doing my job, also for people who can't get to the shows.

..and also so I can relive the amazingness on my big screen tv at home :D

Yeah, but please don't say "Hey, I think I know you from somewhere"... because the internet isn't "somewhere".

Hearing "Aren't you Lisra from the Kata forum" last year's March was one of my favorite moments of that year. :D

..and also so I can relive the amazingness on my big screen tv at home :D

So can I!

...on my tiny computer screen

But yeah, I seriously appreciate your video's a lot. The thing with Katatonia is that, because they've evolved so much, they make older songs sound new at gigs. Which makes it very interesting to watch Katatonia's live video's

Loving your pics!!! And Vincent wasn't nervous, if he was nervous, he wouldn't have worn white. Because if he wouldn't have worn white, he wouldn't have stood out like a sore thumb! :p (Or maybe he was nervous because he wore white? o.ô)

I really didn't think much about anything that night. I didn't expect to meet anyone, I didn't think of the fact that wearing white to a Katatonia gig isn't the way to blend in... All I really thought about was I was going to enjoy a gig of a band that has meant a lot to me.

That being said, I was really happy meeting you guys and was feeling comfy ;)
....even in white..!

@Vincent J.: I was kinda shocked when I saw your pictures... You look very different than your avatar now!
By the way, I wear white tees too. In fact, I like white. Black and white is my favourite combination.

@all the others: very nice pics and videos. I'm glad you all had a good time there :)

@Vincent J.: I was kinda shocked when I saw your pictures... You look very different than your avatar now!
By the way, I wear white tees too. In fact, I like white. Black and white is my favourite combination.

@all the others: very nice pics and videos. I'm glad you all had a good time there :)

Yeah I lost the hair a long time ago and... I don't know. You tell me!
I would've changed my avatar to something more recent, but I just like this one too much.
It's nice to hear from you btw. I know I've been very inactive at UM, but I thought you had disappeared a while back

Hearing "Aren't you Lisra from the Kata forum" last year's March was one of my favorite moments of that year. :D

Hehe, I remember... ;)
This is exactely what I meant. And that's why I think it's cool to give back "that moment" to someone if you get the chance.
I'll never forget how Swany came to me years ago in Wacken (I still don't really get how she managed to recognize me among the thousands of people there!) and said the same thing. For a second, I felt like a rockstar :headbang: And then we had a great time together and have been best katafriends ever since. *hugs*

I wish that CiS and Swany would have 69'ed as a bonus for everyone at the VIP event.

Of course we did 69 there at some point! But apparently, you couldn't pay attention to that 'cause you were too busy seducing your Jonas.... :devil:

Ok, on a more serious note:
Who agrees that this Katabook is so damm cool?!!! Actually, I just thought I'd buy it 'cause it's a nice thing to own but I didn't expect THAT MUCH!! I'm only half way through yet. Wanna read slowly to make it last longer :dopey:
However, I really hope it will be available somehow also for those who couldn't attend any of the shows. Lots of great stories and info, lots of rumours or wild guessings being confirmed, weird things being explained, interesting insights on the music scene and so on. Having faithfully (and literally) followed the band almost since their earliest days, I can relate to a lot of the memories. A great journey in time! All very well written by Jonas, Anders and Daniel. Thanks a lot for putting so much effort into it! Now I'm off to read the next chapter as a good night story...

Who agrees that this Katabook is so damm cool?!!! Actually, I just thought I'd buy it 'cause it's a nice thing to own but I didn't expect THAT MUCH!! I'm only half way through yet. Wanna read slowly to make it last longer :dopey:
However, I really hope it will be available somehow also for those who couldn't attend any of the shows. Lots of great stories and info, lots of rumours or wild guessings being confirmed, weird things being explained, interesting insights on the music scene and so on. Having faithfully (and literally) followed the band almost since their earliest days, I can relate to a lot of the memories. A great journey in time! All very well written by Jonas, Anders and Daniel. Thanks a lot for putting so much effort into it! Now I'm off to read the next chapter as a good night story...

:)
is this the same book that comes in the vip thingie bag?
i thought it was exclusive to it...