last.fm?

It didn't use to for me either, then they introduced a new update and it works. You now just have to make sure you let the song completely finish (as in, it will start to play the next song). I'm thinking iPod play count is the only way it can track what you listened to, so it counts the difference between iTunes play count and iPod play count when you sync the iPod to iTunes next time you plug it in (just a guess, though I'm probably in some way wrong about something in some specific method of some idea).

I have about 24,000 since December so I guess I'm included in this, but I'm in college. I have a lot of free time. Definitely NOT one of those tools who leave their computer running while they sleep so they can stack up the plays.

Your avatar picture used to terrify me when I had that book as a kid.

I think I found one of those "leave my computer playing while I'm not even there" people.

He's had his last.fm for ~1330 days, as a very rough figure (benefit of the doubt included). At 281,987 plays over 1330 days, he would have to listen to 212 songs every single day.

There are 1440 minutes in one day's time. Let's give him an average of 5 minutes per song (seems reasonable for metal). That's 1060 minutes of music, which leaves him 380 minutes, or ~ 6 hours of no music.

Conclusion: Either this person has a part-time job, or gets very little sleep.

Conclusion #2: I am on vacation and have time to care about this sort of thing.

I think I found one of those "leave my computer playing while I'm not even there" people.

He's had his last.fm for ~1330 days, as a very rough figure (benefit of the doubt included). At 281,987 plays over 1330 days, he would have to listen to 212 songs every single day.

There are 1440 minutes in one day's time. Let's give him an average of 5 minutes per song (seems reasonable for metal). That's 1060 minutes of music, which leaves him 380 minutes, or ~ 6 hours of no music.

There is an option you can choose when you create a Last account where it digs up past tracks from your Itunes or whatever application. So he may have had like two years of tracks listened to and then last added them right when he made his account.

There is an option you can choose when you create a Last account where it digs up past tracks from your Itunes or whatever application. So he may have had like two years of tracks listened to and then last added them right when he made his account.

I hope so, man.

Recently found out that a friend of mine listens to some ambient and folkish stuff while asleep... he says it helps him to avoid nightmares :rolleyes:

Well... I won't ever be able to understand this shit....

Haha.

Sometimes I'll listen to music BEFORE bed, but rarely while sleeping. Last time I fell asleep to a song, I was listening to "Marta Arnau Marti (Slaughter)" by :Wumpscut: ...Jesus Christ, I'll never do that again. What a fucking horrible nightmare. I'm still ashamed. Fuck...

That song can only be played at the latest two hours before bed time now, followed by at least four other songs.

I didn't even know "Slaughter" was in the title when I put it on...but it sure came through despite my lack of knowledge.

WOW, i barely have 1000. I'd say he has no job at all.

Haha.

Sometimes I'll listen to music BEFORE bed, but rarely while sleeping. Last time I fell asleep to a song, I was listening to "Marta Arnau Marti (Slaughter)" by :Wumpscut: ...Jesus Christ, I'll never do that again. What a fucking horrible nightmare. I'm still ashamed. Fuck...

That song can only be played at the latest two hours before bed time now, followed by at least four other songs.

I didn't even know "Slaughter" was in the title when I put it on...but it sure came through despite my lack of knowledge.

I once had the same sort of unpleasant experience when I fell asleep to some Vinterriket stuff, that was followed by Vital Remains...well, I think you can imagine the consequences)))) I thought I was going to have a severe heart attack ><

You haven't seen anything yet...

http://www.last.fm/user/leakbot