Last Minute US Headline Shows?

Starless Dragon

Beneath The Starless Sky
Aug 12, 2004
Asscrappy Texas
www.livejournal.com
So I'm flipping through the paper this morning, looking at the new concert listings. And what do I see listed?

NEVERMORE: November 15th

What the hell? I checked the venue's website, they not only list the show, but say tickets are on sale now. What the hell again.

But on Nevermore's website, there are not any dates listed past the end of the Opeth tour.

I checked Pollstar, they show nothing on the 15th, but list Nevermore as playing Austin on the 14th. I'm in Dallas, so it wouldn't be a big stretch for them to be here the next day.

So what the hell's going on? Think the venue has misbooked? Or have the NM boys just not gotten around to announcing some extra headlining dates?

Call the venue and ask them if it was indeed booked, or call century media. Calling is the best way to find out.

I know Nevermore is playing Austin on the 14th with some band called Forcefed, I wonder if many people will be there, because I don't think a lot of people know about these shows.

returntothepit.com has them playing at the American Legion in Reading, Mass in January.....

Yeah, it's Dallas. I didn't mention the venue cause I didn't think anyone else here would care, lol. They're "booked" to play at Trees Nov. 15th. It says doors at 8.

EDIT: I just checked the venue site again, and the ticket vendor website (Frontgatetickets.com). The ticket vendor site lists it as Nevermore with The Sword. Tickets are 14 dollars advance, 16 day of show. So...they seem pretty convinced it's for real. I just wonder if the band knows they're playing yet, lol.

Starless Dragon said:
Yeah, it's Dallas. I didn't mention the venue cause I didn't think anyone else here would care, lol. They're "booked" to play at Trees Nov. 15th. It says doors at 8.

EDIT: I just checked the venue site again, and the ticket vendor website (Frontgatetickets.com). The ticket vendor site lists it as Nevermore with The Sword. Tickets are 14 dollars advance, 16 day of show. So...they seem pretty convinced it's for real. I just wonder if the band knows they're playing yet, lol.

Wow. Wonder if there's going to be any promotion at all before the show. If it happens I'll see you there! I'll be the other person at Trees. :tickled:

I'm still hoping there's actually going to BE a show, lol. Wouldn't be the first time bands have been "Booked" in Dallas without the band even knowing it, or the first time shows got canceled at the last minute cause the band didn't even know they were scheduled to play. Or because there weren't enough ticket sales and they didn't want to have to pay the bands to play, or some other bullshit. I don't know why, but Dallas Promoters just really suck!

Anyway, if it turns out this is for real, I definitely plan on being there, hopefully with my gf, and don't expect a big crowd!

You probably put it exactly right lol. More band members then audience members. Especially since it's on a Monday.

Starless Dragon said:
I'm still hoping there's actually going to BE a show, lol. Wouldn't be the first time bands have been "Booked" in Dallas without the band even knowing it, or the first time shows got canceled at the last minute cause the band didn't even know they were scheduled to play. Or because there weren't enough ticket sales and they didn't want to have to pay the bands to play, or some other bullshit. I don't know why, but Dallas Promoters just really suck!

Anyway, if it turns out this is for real, I definitely plan on being there, hopefully with my gf, and don't expect a big crowd!

You probably put it exactly right lol. More band members then audience members. Especially since it's on a Monday.

And who the hell is The Sword? The show sounds a bit shady to me. I saw it listed at Trees and Gypsy...I hope it's real though. :cry:

BlackwaterNymph said:
And who the hell is The Sword? The show sounds a bit shady to me. I saw it listed at Trees and Gypsy...I hope it's real though. :cry:
On a myspace.com profile with 2781 friends and quote "this page was created by a devoted NEVERMORE fan and friend. This information was added:

Nov 14 2005 8:00P
Backroom Austin, TX
Nov 15 2005 8:00P
Gypsy Tea Room Dallas, TX
Nov 17 2005 8:00P
Bluebird Denver, CO
Nov 18 2005 8:00P
Lo-Fi Café Salt Lake City, UT

Link:
http://www.myspace.com/nevermorefans

preachsin said:
returntothepit.com has them playing at the American Legion in Reading, Mass in January.....
I've never heard of that venue, returntothepit.com lists no phone number or website for that venue, and when I looked up 575 main st in reading, MA, I got something completely unrelated to "American Legion".

I'm calling BS.

wow...is that the headlining tour shaping up already!?

that fucking blows. I can't go to a show that soon. fucking GIVE ME TIME TO BUY A PLANE TICKET AND GET THE DAY SOFF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.

It looks like they are just playing a few shows on their way back to Seattle from the Opeth tour, maybe they are broke and need to play a few shows on the drive back just to make it home.