Late Night Atlanta Restaurants

http://www.facebook.com/ProgPowerUSA?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=95966&id=88398722942
Hours and distance are listed as photo comments.

R. Thomas’ Deluxe Grill (vegetarian) is open 24/7
The Vortex (Midtown) - Hours: M-W 11am-2am, TH-Sat. 11am-3am and Sun. 11am to 12am
Front Page News - Hours: M-W 11am-11pm, TH 11am-12am, Fri. & Sat. 11am-1am and Sun. 10am-11pm (opens early for brunch)
Cafe Intermezzo - Hours: 10am-2am M-TH, 10am-3am Fri. & Sat.
Chinese Buddha - Hours: Hours: Mon.-Sat.: 11am-6am and Sunday: 6:30pm-4am and THEY DELIVER!
The Varsity - Hours: Sun.-TH 10am-11:30pm and Fri.-Sat. 10am-12:30am (1.5 miles)
Gordon Biersch (Brewery) - Hours: Sun-Thurs: 11:30am – 12am and Fri-Sat: 11:30am-2am
Twisted Taco (Midtown) - Hours: Mon. 11am-12am, Tues.-Thurs. 11am-2am, Fri. 11am-3am, Sat. 12pm-3am and Sun. 12pm-12am
Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles - Hours: Mon–Thurs 11am -11pm, Fri & Sat 11am-4am and Sun 11am-8pm (2 miles)
Taco Cabana - 24/7 (2 miles)

~Jen

This is a great place right next to the intersection of 10th and West Peachtree. There's a whole group of restaurants that have opened up on this block, including a liquor store.

Marlow's Tavern
950 W Peachtree St NE
Ste 215
Atlanta, GA 30309
Neighborhood: Midtown

(404) 815-0323
www.marlowstavern.com

Add Photos Hours:
Mon-Wed, Sun 11 am - 12 am

Thu-Sat 11 am - 2 am

Good for Kids:No
Accepts Credit Cards:Yes
Parking:Street, Garage
Attire:Casual
Good for Groups:Yes
Price Range:$$
Takes Reservations:No
Delivery:No
Take-out:Yes
Waiter Service:Yes
Wheelchair Accessible:Yes
Outdoor Seating:Yes
Good For:Dinner

I ALWAYS try to have one meal at Front Page News. I love that place. Great food and Newcastle by the pint! :kickass:

AND there's a Front Page News in Little Five Points right next to Tijuana Garage.
Both are great! (I was assuming you were talking about the FPN on 14th?)

Also, the Brewhouse in L5P is great and has a great patio. (right next to FPN and TG, opposite side of street as the Vortex.)

Wow.....

thread-necro.jpg

--except that your post was germane and contained valid content. :)

The Vortex should just pile a bunch of burgers and tots into a van and pull up to the Artmore courtyard at around 1am. They'd leave empty. :lol:

Last year we were partying in I think Shaye and Urban's room and a pizza delivery dude showed up with "extra" pizzas. We took them straight away.
Yippee said they should just show up with about 10 pizzas and go around the Ardmore - they'd sell every one!

P.S. One of those pizzas was I think BBQ Pizza and Zod's face was priceless!!

This is a great place right next to the intersection of 10th and West Peachtree. There's a whole group of restaurants that have opened up on this block, including a liquor store.

Marlow's Tavern
950 W Peachtree St NE
Ste 215
Atlanta, GA 30309
Neighborhood: Midtown

(404) 815-0323
www.marlowstavern.com

Add Photos Hours:
Mon-Wed, Sun 11 am - 12 am

Thu-Sat 11 am - 2 am

Good for Kids:No
Accepts Credit Cards:Yes
Parking:Street, Garage
Attire:Casual
Good for Groups:Yes
Price Range:$$
Takes Reservations:No
Delivery:No
Take-out:Yes
Waiter Service:Yes
Wheelchair Accessible:Yes
Outdoor Seating:Yes
Good For:Dinner

Sweet! Thanks Kath!

AND there's a Front Page News in Little Five Points right next to Tijuana Garage.

Also, the Brewhouse in L5P is great and has a great patio. (right next to FPN and TG, opposite side of street as the Vortex.)

I didn't know they had another one. I just love that place. I can't remember for sure, but I think our band of deviates found it just walking around during PPUSA II. The other outdoor place nearby was pretty decent too, can't remember the name. The FPN is on Crescent off of 14th, iirc.

The other outdoor place nearby was pretty decent too, can't remember the name. The FPN is on Crescent off of 14th, iirc.

Perhaps it was:
Vickery's Bar and Grill
1106 Crescent Avenue , (near 14th Street) , Atlanta, GA

or maybe:
Fuego Latin Cafe And Tapas Bar
1136 Crescent Ave Ne , Atlanta, GA

Our crew ate at Fuego for lunch last year, and it was pretty good.

~Jen

I've never been in L5P so we're planning on stopping by this time. I always thought people were talking about Five Points and never understood why as that place is pretty trashy (especially that alley where all the methheads hang out near that CVS).

We'll probably be there Thursday afternoon or maybe Wednesday evening. We'll definitely check out the Brewhouse along with the L5P Vortex location.

Perhaps it was:
Vickery's Bar and Grill
1106 Crescent Avenue , (near 14th Street) , Atlanta, GA

or maybe:
Fuego Latin Cafe And Tapas Bar
1136 Crescent Ave Ne , Atlanta, GA

Our crew ate at Fuego for lunch last year, and it was pretty good.

~Jen

It was Vickery's, I'm 99.9% positive.... thanks for the brain kick :)

It was Vickery's, I'm 99.9% positive.... thanks for the brain kick :)

I think it was Vickery's where we had the SyX gathering last year. They had a pretty good breakfast buffet.

BTW, I find it funny reading the complaints of midtown going down the tubes when there are probably more eating options than there was 10 years ago. The hotel situation has pretty much stabilized. While I haven't stayed close to the venue in a few years (Regency Suites for me this year), there is enough variety.

BTW, I find it funny reading the complaints of midtown going down the tubes when there are probably more eating options than there was 10 years ago. The hotel situation has pretty much stabilized. While I haven't stayed close to the venue in a few years (Regency Suites for me this year), there is enough variety.

Keep in mind, those were posts from 2007, so things have changed a bit......

Keep in mind, those were posts from 2007, so things have changed a bit......

Very true; however, it's frustrating to often read negative comments like, "Ugh, there's no where to eat near Center Stage."

~Jen

Very true; however, it's frustrating to often read negative comments like, "Ugh, there's no where to eat near Center Stage."

~Jen

Well, there's still not much in that section of Midtown. But with the condos that went up heading north, and the college apartments and dorms that went up towards downtown the restaurants are picking up. Atlantic Station and the GT area are still going to be the best bangs for buck at a later hour.

I understand your frustration, being the promoter and all. People just want to be able to walk out the front door and have all of their favorite choices right there. It's lazy human nature!