LATEST NEWS! (June 30, '08)

Chris Lasegue

Ex-Jag Panzer Guitarist
Jan 15, 2008
U.S.A.
Hello guys and gals!
Sorry we haven't been able to respond to your questions lately...we've been very busy moving into the next phase for the band. But, we do read each and every post and really appreciate your suggestions and questions! Here is the latest news...

-We've signed a new publishing deal, which also means we're working on writing new material for the next album. As far as which record label we'll work with, we're not decided yet. All of this can be very time-consuming...

-If you haven't noticed yet, we're going to be launching a new and improved website within the month of July. We think/hope you'll really like it! It will include an online store, making it possible to purchase merch. Speaking of merch, we have NEW SHIRTS! In addition to the traditional t-shirts we have ladies' tank tops. (It's about time!) Also available at the store will be CDs, DVDs, new patches, vinyl LPs, jewelry, etc..

-As far as touring goes, we will probably not do very much this year, as we really want to put out a kick-ass new album for you! But we ARE in the process of planning/booking shows for early next year. We'll definitely let you know as soon as things are finalized.

Again, we thank all of you and we really appreciate you! Stay in touch and keep the suggestions and comments coming...they really keep us inspired and focused on putting out the best music possible! See you soon!

sounds all good to me , thanks for the update chris

the website redesign is a great idea actually...

about the album & touring...
last time i waited 3 years for a second gig, so everything under this timeline is already a great thing , but well, good things come to those who wait i'd say , did get the proof in april ;) and i'm sure there will be some possibilities for next year :cool:

good luck on finding a record label , i'm crossing my fingers on that!

Sorry for bothering but I just want to ask if the band could make videos of the recording process to show on the new website. Like small video diaries of the band recording vocals, guitars... I love to see these videos!

Yeaaaa i really like that idea .....it would be really interesting to see what goes into the recording process and to see the guys interacting with each other. Great idea roddoliver

just read this one :
Jag Panzer On MySpace (New Profile Coming Soon)

as some of you still know the official jag page with songs, etc. got deleted about 4 times from myspace ;) so, i don't know about any plans you have to do a new official musician page , but the one i am hosting now is a "normal" one without music player,etc and it's up the longest from all the ones which had been there... i had a musicians jag panzer page before which got deleted again ... the guy who did the other 3 ones before has got his sites deleted too...even with permission...

anyway... i'll keep the one i am taking care of since there are many members / friends up there, if it's also in your interest ;) and i hope and cross my fingers a new one won't get deleted again ;) might just be a bit confusing too since a lot of people think the current one is the official one... even though, it's "just" a site run by someone else , i know... for now it worked quite good with all the messages forwarding to mark f. ex. , + i suggested him to get the log in and pass for the site so he can manage stuff on his own if he wants...

just my 2 cents :)

Hey guys,
great to know the new website is gonna be ready soon and will have a merchandise online shop :) and girlies finally!!! :D

About myspace... if it's just for the graphic, it's no issue, whether the webdesigner you will get the new site from is also doing the myspace graphic or not, remember between us there's always someone able to renew the layout without making a new profile... at least u'd keep visits and stuff. Besides to have music on the profile is pretty simple now or u can also ask myspace administration to change your actual profile into a music one, they generally do so.

I work in a website agency and manage webmarketing, i know how important it is to keep visits and links and everything possible from an old website, that will help u to be in the first places when someone google your name or special keywords that can be connected to you... your choice.

good points mrs. mustaine... as far as publicity over myspace goes it's already much better than years ago with all the other pages ...the link to the current one shows up immediately if you type in " jag panzer myspace" on google f. ex. , many fans/bands/musicians have it on their top list, the site gets its updates regulary, etc. , last but not least it's a dedication since ages for me now , so whatever the plans are it will be cool to talk about them , before i go on with my rant haha j/k ... :heh: :lol:

As for the website idea - totally great! Especially the merch section - some Ample Destruction t-shirts and patches would be very in order! Also CD's - I know a lot of people that do their shopping only on the Internet so that would be great too! And a re-issue of Ample Destruction....yeah I know - dreaming is a beautiful thing :)

All in all - thumbs up!

Chris,

Thanks for keeping us updated with all things Jag in terms of the new website (much needed) as well as any future tourdates and all the merch you guys will be having on the website :cool:

Great news about the publishing deal and the impending record:kickass:

Thanks again! you guys rule! :heh:

Nice to hear those news Chris!!

It´s fantastic finally having a re-designed website with a lot of new improvements.

Concerning about new label I´d recommend you not signing for a "big" discography like Century Media. You have to search a label with OK distribution in which you could be a priority (more or less), not an underdog.

New record... it sounds great!! :headbang: I am sure it will be as good as the last one. Maybe not my favourite record but an amazing effort.

Finally, playing live... Last april I lived a dream come true: Seeing Jag Panzer live at KIT X. The next could be playing in Spain, specially Madrid, the city I live in. If you´re going to tour around Europe I´d try to talk with some spanish promoters I´m friend of.

Keep up the good work!! You rule!! :headbang: