Latest Toxic Grind Machine track! Could be final mix for album, FEEDBACK DEMANDED! ;)

I can't mix worth goat poop, so I will not attempt to give you any advice.

You should pm me (or make a big thread, smoke signals etc) when you get the toxic cd finished, because I would like to buy it.

Bad ass! It sounds like you achieved what you wanted with the mix, crazy and dense with lots of atmosphere and that robotic / digital edge.

It gets a little hairy during the blasts in terms of clarity but I think that suits the overall vibe too - just a mad blast of energy and chaos! The drums maybe get a tiny bit lost at some points (except the kicks).

Still a little iffy about my YEAH! YEAH! screams when the machine guns in ! I cringe :p But such a delish mix Bob! Your best so far I think!

Awesome song as usual. You are one of my big influences on music. I've been trying to write music in a similar style with more trance influences. What are your favorite synths to use and do you program your own sounds or use presets?

Hey thanks for the feedback guys, always appreciated!

Trevor my man, the yeah's will go down in volume in the final mix.. i totally misread your FB post to me where you clearly said they should be a bit lower in volume.. i did the opposite lol.. DOH!

ericlingus: yes, i browse thousands of presets/samples in my folders and plugins till you get the right one for the vibe of the song.. then i alter them a little bit.
Most plugins have cheap reverbs, i tend to bypass them and go for my own reverb settings.. and a bit of EQ offcourse, but all in all i do little altering and am more aimed on getting the right samples for the right vibe.

VSTi's i used on this song:

- Nexus
- absynth 3
- toxic III
- vanguard
- imposcar
- omnisphere
- shitload of samples

cheers!

Awesome song man!
I dont like the drums too much tho...snare is too much compressed and audible in a strange way....kick is also pretty strange...but somehow cool...lol pretty strange overall, maybe its cool because it fits pretty well :lol:
Also feels like kick is a bit off center, a bit to the left I think.
Voices and guitar sound tits

only thing I would say is the snare could use a little more excitement in places ... mostly the slower / mid tempo passages ... maybe a bigger sounding reverb on it or something just for those parts

other than that .... sick job!

kermit.gif

what are some of your influences? Do you listen to any pure electronica artists?

haha, nice one virgil!

Eric, not really that much no.. mostly apex twin and lot's of 80's tunes..
Offcourse sybreed, strapping young lad and fear factory are the main influences.. love em!