Lauren Harris

Myself I thought she tried too hard to please the Maiden fans, way to early to play with the big boys, in my opinion.

Cashing in on the Harris name? I don't think so, yes its giving her and the band a head start in the music industry,

I don't think she's there for a hand out and she will get better in time, as they do...:headbang:

she was ok...:kickass:

She would of entertained me better if she was naked......

I thought her sound wasn't that good in Brisbane, and that may well be what the problem was I had with her and the band

Dont shoot me, when I saw her 3rd time at FTTB I REALLY enjoyed her performance. It's not easy being a cover and after seeing her up close :headbang: she certainly has something..

She is never going to be huge but I liked what I saw and heard, it was better then the 2 metal cover bands... YUK!

(awaits the flames)

Why do you say that? She was being a professional and trying to entertain her audience.

why do I say that? I say that because I think she had something to prove, it was an average performance.

like the cover band after Lauren Harris the crowed booed them off stage, I thought they did OK, they had allot of energy, sound was OK and you could understand wot they were singing. If they were shit Maiden wouldn't of had them as a cover band. no one disrespected Lauren Harris in this way.

If she was booed off stage like the cover band was I think Maiden would of had something to say and I don't think they would be coming back, as you would of just disrespected one of their own.

I think they should of let the people make their own decision on her/band performance not say who she was half way through her gig nor put it out before the tour, just state the band name. I think out of respect for her father and Maiden they didn't boo her off stage. Like I said she was OK.

I would of rather had THE IRON MAIDENS playing.

Do you even know what a cover band is?

Did they not do a Motor Head song, I think it was two songs before they announced Maiden were coming on.

OK, let me rephrase that for you, IF Lauren Harris was booed off stage like the "SUPPORT" :headbang:band for Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden would not be coming back to Australia as you would of disrespected one of their own.

Maiden have done covers before; that doesn't make them a cover band.

And I think Lauren was actually a better fit for a Maiden support slot than Behind Crimson Eyes were anyway, which is why she didn't get booed. That and most of the people who would have booed were still at the pub.

One of the good things about Lauren is that she's reminded me what a great song "Steal Your Fire" is. Top tune, excellent choice for a cover - it really suits her.

It's from "Gallus" - can't remember if that was their first or second. Amazing that they didn't really take off after that, they had some great songs ("Money to Burn" - which was played between bands at the three Maiden gigs I went to - and "Shame On You" immediately come to mind).

Just listened to some of her stuff on her myspace page. She is so much better live, and those other songs on there are quite average.