Maiden album artwork revealed, plus single details

Looks like we get it first.

According to MaidenNorway.com, IRON MAIDEN plan to release their new studio album, entitled "A Matter of Life and Death", on August 26 in Australia, and August 28 in Europe.

As previously reported, the album's first single, "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg", will precede the album on August 14.

"A Matter of Life and Death" was recorded at Sarm West Studios in London with producer Kevin Shirley, who also worked on the last two MAIDEN albums, 2000's "Brave New World" and 2003's "Dance of Death".

The complete track listing for both the single and the album is as follows:

Limited-Edition Two-Track CD:

01. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
02. Hallowed be thy Name (Radio 1 "Legends" Session)

Limited-Edition 7" Picture Disc (To Include "Crossed Gun Logo" Sticker):

01. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
02. Run to the Hills (Radio 1 "Legends" Session)
03. The Trooper (Radio 1 "Legends" Session)

"A Matter of Life and Death" track listing:

01. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) (4:17)
02. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (6:52)
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (8:44)
04. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) (5:07)
05. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (7:48)
06. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) (5:36)
07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) (7:21)
08. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) (9:24)
09. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (7:23)
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) (9:20)

I've always liked the artwork for Somewhere in Time, that was cool. Virtual XI artwork was good too, but the album was very average apart from The Clansman and Futureal. NOTB artwork is classic and Killers is good too.

Can't wait for the new album. I like the artwork but I'm more excited about the music, I reckon it's going to be a good one. I'm not looking forward to them retiring though! They should play and release albums until Steve Harris has arthritis in his fingers to the point he physically can't play any more.

I wonder why it's being released on a Saturday. Dance of Death came out on the Sunday, if I remember correctly. Never heard of an album coming out on a Satdee though.

I think he thinks the song.

I dig it a whole lot, but there is nothing that stands out completely about it. It's kind of like a.... "To Tame a Land" in terms of the fact that it's quality, but not a song that would be a favourite on an album.