LDT E-1000

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
I’m thinking of getting the Ltd E-1000, as it’s a 24.75 neck, does anyone know the pros can cons of down tuning to C,F,A#, D#,G,C or lower?

Wtf is an E-1000? An EC-1000?

I have an EC-1000 (black, dual 81's) and I fucking love it. It's my go-to guitar for anything heavy. Keep it tuned to C and C# standard all the time. De-fucking-licious.

~006

Just use heavy strings, and make sure to adjust the intonation properly, and the truss rod if necessary. I've gone as low as A on my EC1000 with no problems. I love that guitar.

Yeah get that fucker. It's probably one of my favorite guitars ever and I've owned quite a few guitars, from cheap stuff to high enders. Simply cannot beat the price to quality on LTD/Schecter stuff.

~006

Simply cannot beat the price to quality on LTD/Schecter stuff.

Agreed entirely. The EC1000 easily beat out a bunch of Gibson LP Studios when I bought mine. It was, quite simply, a nicer guitar, never mind the price difference. As far as humbucker-equipped guitars go, I think the LTD 1000 series is just about the best thing going in the sub-$1k new range.

The LTD B305 bass I got recently is a hell of a lot of instrument for the money as well.

The EC-1000 is a beast! If they just made it a little heavier, then you'd get some sweet smooth tone outta that thing. It seems like a lot of people use ESP guitars on this forum, huh.

I mainly use Jackson and Fernandes. I had a LTD 400NT, but it was a really weak tone wise. But i've heard a lot of good things about the EC-1000

The EC-1000 is a beast! If they just made it a little heavier, then you'd get some sweet smooth tone outta that thing. It seems like a lot of people use ESP guitars on this forum, huh.

I swapped out the EMGs in mine for a Duncan Custom 5 and '59 (both of which have considerably less treble and more mids and bottom than the EMG 81s, which are very bright pickups) and I have no problems getting smooth, thick tones. Though I wouldn't complain if they made 'em Les Paul thick. Tonally, they're closer to an SG. I like LPs in general, but at that price point, the LTD has better build quality and a better feature set, as well as having a fantastic neck.

And yeah, there's a lot of ESP users on here. :kickass:

Will this guage 13 17 26 34 44 54 handle ok with this neck for down tuning

Yes it will work out!
And I think you don't don't need to adjust the truss rod, just check at the 6th fret (holding the string at the 1st fret and at the 15th fret) if the gap between the string and the fret is too much, usually it should be 0.010'', like a guitar string.
But I think that if you put 13-54 strings and tune down to C it won't have any kind of issue tension-wise.

I think 13-54 is a pretty shit combo for string guages. the 13 will be cool down in C, but no higher IMO, and the 54 will blow below D.

On shorter scale guitars, I go 11-50 in E, 12-56 in D, and 13-60 in C. I find the tension on this just a bit tighter than 10-46's in E, which I've always used as a base.

On shorter scale guitars, I go 11-50 in E, 12-56 in D, and 13-60 in C. I find the tension on this just a bit tighter than 10-46's in E, which I've always used as a base.

That's exactly what I use for my EC-1000, tuned to C or C# standard at all times.

:headbang:

~006