Lead guitar

Painkiller87

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2004
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Hey.. i have a Line 6 Spider 210 (sadly.. lol) .. and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good EQ setting to get a good tone for playing lead guitar.. i havent been able to find anything good.. either everything is to scratchy to hear or it just sounds just plain bad..

even if its not much of a lead sound.. it might be one step closer to what i'm looking for..

Example: prety much any Dio song..

laterz,
:worship: Will :worship:

try staying away from the insane (or other heavily overdriven) models... that classic Dio metal sound has less overdrive than you would think. try bumping up the mids and pulling back on the gain as well.

it'll take a bit to get used to playing without that buzzy level of gain, but once you do, it's much more satisfying tonally.

and as far as the spider 210, you have my sympathies!

You probably scoop the mids out of your rhythm tone (or maybe not, just guessing). Don't do that playing lead, because you will probably find the tone thin and "scrachy". You don't need to boost it all the way up, just enough to make it smoother. Also make sure your highs are in check, and if you have a presence setting don't set it too high. These are just my general guidelines for achieving a nice lead tone, but it depends on your gear and your taste, so experiment.

HAHA!! thanks.. i'm acctually looking to get a Marshall soon... So, hopefully that'll do something for me.

When i do what you said with the Insane, and staying away from it that is.. lol.. its like i lost sustain though... especially when i turned down the gain..

pedals dont mix very well with Line 6 amps from what i've heard... so i don't know if i should waste the money on it..

i'm only 16.. lol.. so i applyed for a job at quite a few places recently.. hopefully i'll be able to make some money and buy some new equipment..
my problem is... I bought the line 6 amp because i liked that i could get a nice sound for blues and i could get a fair sound for prety much anything for that matter.. i don't like to have huge limitations.. depending on my mood.. i'll go from Iron Maiden to Yngwie Malmsteen to punk bands to blues to classical...

big problem with alot of amps i think.. I don't like a complicated setup... Amp, guitar, and a footswitch.. i'd have to go crazy finding other pedals or floorboards..

but if i stick with modeling amps like the one i have.. i might not be happy with any sound... dilema.. i think so.. lmao..