Learning Norwegian

i'm curious what the lyrics are about on Borknagar's first album. also Solefald wrote some songs in Norwegian.

That site looks quite good, especially since it includes pronounciation. I'd recommend it.

Azzor1911 said:
i'm curious what the lyrics are about on Borknagar's first album. also Solefald wrote some songs in Norwegian.

I have translations of all of Solefald's Norwegian lyrics and song titles if you want them! :D

wow karpsmom... how were you able to obtain them, if i may ask?
well anyway, you just keep surprising me when it comes to Solefald stuff.. :D have you received you shirt yet? i have, it fits perfectly and looks awesome. goes well with my Ulver Blood Inside longsleeve!
about the translations, yes i'd love to have them :)
oh i just pm'ed you

A friend of mine on the Sigh message board translated them for me, he's Norwegian! I'm in a bit of a hurry right now to leave my house so I'll just post a link to the thread right now! http://sigh.gospel-virus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66

I didn't get my shirt yet, I'm having credit card troubles, those three little numbers on the back of the card that they need (CVC number or something), faded away on my card, so I don't know what the numbers are! I'm gonna use a friends card.

Well, remember that there are many variants of Norwegian. We actually have to languages (which aren't that different really) and lots of weird dialects. The first thing you should do is to decide if you want to learn Nynorsk or Bokmål.

i always thoguht it was similar to french, italian and spanish which are all fairly easy to learn (well my mother tongue is spanish but i found french easy to learn)

hehe.. nei vel.

Norwegian is very different from other European languages because of the article system. Example: 'Et bord' (a table) is bent to 'bordet' (the table). 'En bil' (a car) is bent to 'bilen' (the car). Instead of changing the words, the articles are added to the word. That's what most immigrants have trouble with, I think.

Damn the link doesn't work..., and I thought I could pracrice my

Eg heitar Daniel Josephy.

That's all the norwegian I know. Well also somethin like...

"Vermakten fra polens bastarder
Naren behag i syndens hierarki
Et evig liv i paradis
Er fullkommenhet i Satans dynasti".

And also...

Allhelgens Død i Helveds Rike.

:p

Learning norwegian isn't difficult at all. It's the easiest language I've learnt so far. (ok, I have a teacher from Bergen :D )