Àsmégin

H i n V o r d e n d e S o d & S ø
is propably one of those Albums that is the first and best release.
I fear that of course and am really looking forward to what comes up next....

if anyone wants to Translate - then I can post the lyrics

mjollnir1965 said:
Their album is probably the best folk/viking metal album ever released!!! I listen to it constantly!!!
yes it is! there is even icelandic/old norwegian lyrics on that

It would be great to see them live! propably with Borknagar?!

Got them, Borkie and Solefald in my MP3-player constantly!!

Wonderful athmosphere!!!

I checked their lyrics and unluckly they are neither in norwegian but in old danish, which was the literary language used in Norway in 1800, and icelandic so I think it's rather difficult even for a norwegian to understand them, I can only translate you the title of "Over Ægirs vidstrakte Sletter" (Over Aegir's wide-stretched plains) Blodhevn (Vengeange of blood) "Huldradans - Hin Grønnkledde" (The dance of the Huldra- The Green-clad) Valgalder (if i don't mistake a magic chant for the dead)

Mantis

thats a good question!
I don't know if anyone in the band can do that as well as Lazare

propably they don't perform too many shows (or only festivals) so Lazare is able to be there too???!!!

I would like to know that from anyone who saw them live. I won't be able to see them this year.

TheRealLazare said:
I'll be doing one (1!) concert with Ásmegin this year (or ever for that sake...), so be sure to catch that one. Inferno 2004!! That will be your only chance to catch me with the band...

I'll be there :D

I'm saving my money to fly over to see borknagar at a festival...although wacken, party-san inferno and sweden rock all look like good festivals this year...

TheRealLazare said:
I'll be doing one (1!) concert with Ásmegin this year (or ever for that sake...), so be sure to catch that one. Inferno 2004!! That will be your only chance to catch me with the band...

Actually Im happy that there will be "only" one show I'll miss
I'm hoping for next year

By the way are there any plans for a tour with Solefald propably next year??

coming to good ol'Germany???!!

Visions born within a storm
Spinning into the black eternity
Whither the future, uncertainty;
Whence the past, a grim reality;
Silently mourn, caressed and torn
Approaching and losing asperity

We discontinued our liveplaying with Solefald years ago, so sadly there are no plans for a tour... The band consists of only two guys, you know, and we live in separate countries, so organizing rehearsals and finding session musicians would just be too time consuming... Besides I have way too many projects going right now (which means more music to the masses :) ), as well as a day time job that takes a lot of my time. Damn - the days are way too short. I'd love it if they had 30 hours instead of 24...