Question for Lazare !! (and Vintersorg/Asgeir/Øystein...)

Devourer

Traveller
Jan 20, 2004
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hey :|
Got a question about some of the lyrics in the booklet of Epic....
Why are there lines in the booklet that are not in the songs?
I mean...there are some lyrics for The Weight Of Wind in the booklet....but...I don't hear anyone singing that :\

There are also some lyrics in Relate (Dialogue) that I don't hear at all !!

:\\\\\ Would really like to know your thoughts behind this :p

if i remember correctly there were lyrics for the instrumental songs from Quintessence and Empiricism

Ved Buens Ende and other bands do the same thing...

Lyrics in an instrumental song just give you something to reflect on. These words are what the music is "saying"

i think its pretty cool actually

Dantven said:
Ved Buens Ende and other bands do the same thing...

Lyrics in an instrumental song just give you something to reflect on. These words are what the music is "saying"

i think its pretty cool actually

Yeah it is cool....but....they also have lyrics in the songs they don't actually sing !! I mean, it says so in the booklet but they don't sing that at all....that's pretty weird...

Dantven said:
typo? if so they can correct it for future pressings...

you'll have a rare borknagar first edition :)

Well...I don't think it's a typo lol...cause in a few songs...there are whole sentences that he doesn't sing !!! And those lines are also in the middle of the lyrics so it's not a quote or something (which they do at the end/beginning of a song's lyrics sometimes..)....there even is a sentence with a , and he doesn't sing the part after that....so that's pretty weird :p

(btw excuse me for my bad English today...I don't know what's wrong with me lol, hope it will be better tomorrow :p)

you know, there were around half a dozen other threads concerning lyrics on instrumentals in Borknagar songs. It was determined that they were to add mood, feeling, texture, depth, etc. to the listening experience. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say it applies to the extra liner text as well, infering from whats written, and past Borknagar albums.