Learning to drive - lucrative from an audio freelancing perspective?

Owen look at it this way.....

Say you make it to the big time. As a producer how do you expect to go from Studio to studio for work? Even Andy having his own studio, he still travels. The ability to drive a car is a necessity. Having a liscense in my opinion is not all that necessary, unless of course you need to rent a car.....lol

I havent had a DL for almost 10 years due to my foot being made of lead, and the cars I drive tending to be of the high horsepower low gas milage type .....lol

I still drive though :p

No, they don't.

Ok? This is 2011, not 1930. My grandmother never got her liscence.....she was born 1901. It's a one-time thing, get it over with and you have it for the rest of your life....as long as you renew it! I never lived in a city so it's different out here in the sticks. I'd still want to be able to cart myself around if I need to instead of depending on other people/rides/paying for public transportation.

i can't imagine not having a car, besides daily commuting (living 15 km off the city center) it allows me to drive to shows I like to see, do bulk shopping, drive my own shit around (amps, recording gear and whatnot)

i'd propably go mental if i had to switch back to pc

Wow man, well to each his own.....

Still a good thing to have. Plus, 2 grand is nothing compared to all the money you'll spend on title, insurance, registration, inspections, tires, parts.....Of course it's not cheap. Like I said, I've never had to live the city life. If I did, I'm pretty sure I'd still want a car hanging around just in case.....

Owen look at it this way.....

Say you make it to the big time.

Not gonna lie, this part of the paragraph resulted in this sorta moment -

scrubs-my-finale-zach.png

Thanks for all the advice though guys, I will probably do it then - although I dunno if I will be running out to buy a car straight away after I pass.