Scottish Independence - An outsiders perspective?

You said it was literally the same thing dude. Your words.

No, I said that they literally get to vote, not get to vote on literally the same thing:

1. Scots literally get to vote for what Americans got 250 years ago.

What I meant was that, had Yes prevailed, the country would have achieved the same thing the US did 250 years ago by voting rather than by revolution, which is just fucking cool to think about.

Bx4ohosCAAA5h17.jpg:large

As predicted - jockholm syndrome :lol:

Yeah, coz anyone not voting yes couldn't possibly have a valid opinion of their own, right?:loco:

Yeah, coz anyone not voting yes couldn't possibly have a valid opinion of their own, right?:loco:

Where did I say that? It was just a casual neologism that I was using to express my distaste for the result - myself and others are bitterly disappointed at this and I'm just trying to make light of part of the reason we're here. It was in reference to my earlier comment about the oldies ruining it - and true to form if you remove the non-working age population from this it completely changes the vote. The other part of this poll revealed that the number one cause of the no vote wasn't anything to do with having a sense of Britishness but of perceived risk and if that undermines your whole sense of national identity or will for self governance then I'm for sure going to think that is a lame duck opinion.

So yeah, I know you want to give me shit because I said I don't like london centric politics (not the same thing as disliking the city which you seemed to conflate) but I don't even know why I'm arguing the point here because if I had to count up the number of times you've been a total fucking arsehole to someone that might have had a valid opinion then I'd lose track. Well I'm sorry but today is my day to be a total fucking arsehole and if its the one joy I get I'm gonna have at it.

Where did I say that? It was just a casual neologism that I was using to express my distaste for the result - myself and others are bitterly disappointed at this and I'm just trying to make light of part of the reason we're here. It was in reference to my earlier comment about the oldies ruining it - and true to form if you remove the non-working age population from this it completely changes the vote. The other part of this poll revealed that the number one cause of the no vote wasn't anything to do with having a sense of Britishness but of perceived risk and if that undermines your whole sense of national identity or will for self governance then I'm for sure going to think that is a lame duck opinion.

So yeah, I know you want to give me shit because I said I don't like london centric politics (not the same thing as disliking the city which you seemed to conflate) but I don't even know why I'm arguing the point here because if I had to count up the number of times you've been a total fucking arsehole to someone that might have had a valid opinion then I'd lose track. Well I'm sorry but today is my day to be a total fucking arsehole and if its the one joy I get I'm gonna have at it.

No, I want to give you shit because you're hiding behind "neologism" where in reality it seems you actually think that anyone with a different opinion is either an idiot or just plain wrong and that their vote shouldn't count.

Who gives a fuck if you take away the non-workers. Who gives a fuck if you take away the old people. They had votes. That is all that matters.

I'd rather give you shit for failing to correctly capitalize London, but I guess that makes me an asshole too!

PS: Regarding national identity. I personally equate being overly concerned with national identity to be moronic, myopic, and utterly bereft of logic. I think that regardless of the nationality. It's on the same page with being proud of your gender, your race, and other accidents of your birth. It means precisely the square root of fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Sure... be concerned about the economics. Be concerned about politicians not representing your interests (as if they ever have!) but make it all about national identity and you're damn right I'm about to call you a fucking imbecile for your heart felt opinion.

Have a lovely evening!

No, I want to give you shit because you're hiding behind "neologism" where in reality it seems you actually think that anyone with a different opinion is either an idiot or just plain wrong and that their vote shouldn't count.

Never said that at all, this was a democratic process and I stand by it entirely - doesn't mean I can't be disappointed by the outcome though as is entirely my right.

So yeah, go fuck yourself you twat.

Ah go fuckin' drink some whisky ya cunt.:kickass:

Done. :lol:

Golly this was cathartic, thanks for participating. Also you have me logically on the national identity bit but if you don't feel the tiniest bit proud to be a fuckin tea swigging, monocle wearing, top hat toting englishman then this fucking hairy, skirt wearing, whisky swigging, braveheart loving scot be damned.

Done. :lol:

Golly this was cathartic, thanks for participating. Also you have me logically on the national identity bit but if you don't feel the tiniest bit proud to be a fuckin tea swigging, monocle wearing, top hat toting englishman then this fucking hairy, skirt wearing, whisky swigging, braveheart loving scot be damned.

:lol::lol::lol:

I honestly don't. Truly. Maybe it's the English in me, but I see absolutely nothing about England to be proud of. Sure, I can revel in the historical contributions to science, philosophy, and all that bullshit... but I had jack shit to do with any o' that! My wife is Japanese too, so as soon as she cons me into having sprogs, I've fucked my gene pool anyways!! :guh:

Ach, yeah that still sounds at least a little English, maybe its for the best you're lumbered with us tho, who the fuck else is going to endure this many swear words and still laugh at the end of it?

I'd imagine the Americans are terrified. :D

And yeah, in retrospect neologism is the sort of twatty word used by cunts.

Now wheres my Irn Bru...

Haha, it's true, cunt is basically the glasgow equivalent of "guy".

Everybody here is either bestcunt or worstcunt.

It's a great word but.

Anyway I'm sorry to all the English here if any of this topic sounded anti-English or anti-London or whatever, I genuinely have no problem with you guys (bestcunts ;) ) at all I'm just disappointed cos I think our political system sucks and we actually had a chance to change it - but I guess we all collectively feel the same way so my sense of entitlement can git tae.

It did aye, I have to laugh otherwise I would cry though - Scotland is renowned from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and true to form up until today everything was fine but now everything in Glasgow has gone a bit mental and the riot police have been called in.

We've got the pro-union loyalists burning Saltires in George Square, using nazi salutes, setting off flares and beating people up that have been identified as pro-independence as well as a number of pro-independence people antagonising them back.

It's just been a sad day in all honesty because the moment the vote was in all the pro-union parties broke off their sense of collective unity and started pursuing their own agendas once more without a thought for the people here. Scotland is truly divided and I think at this stage so is much of England - there's so much disintegration politically it's going to be a really challenging period in our collective histories.

No, I said that they literally get to vote, not get to vote on literally the same thing:

What I meant was that, had Yes prevailed, the country would have achieved the same thing the US did 250 years ago by voting rather than by revolution, which is just fucking cool to think about.

To be fair the meaning there changes depending on which word you stress, chalk it up to the internet being a poor substitute for verbal communication. Agreed that its cool.

We've got the pro-union loyalists burning Saltires in George Square, using nazi salutes, setting off flares and beating people up that have been identified as pro-independence as well as a number of pro-independence people antagonising them back.

Utter assholes aint they mate.

Yeah I forgot to properly condemn them there, it's not reflective of real people on either side but the shame is very real.

It's a sad day to be Scottish. :(

It's impossible to tell really. Russia have cried foul over the standards of the counting rooms.Russia have cried foul over the standards of the counting rooms. But I'm sure that could just be them trying to stir up shit with the UK gov.

There's some petitions and groups floating around facebook demanding either a revote or a recount, but I don't think they'll get much traction tbh.

I think it's just people being frustrated with the result. I know that what I've observed out in the streets and talking to friends and family doesn't match up to the numbers. You see yes signs and stickers everywhere. Though I think a big part of it is the age demographic I'm in, and the fact that yes voters were far more likely to display it than no voters. As has been pointed out it looks like the older generation have fucked it for us.

Maybe if we had exit polls involved we would have a better idea if the result was accurate or not?