least good Katatonia songs

the_dying said:
I don't like the instrumental song on Viva Emptiness.
interesting...'Inside The City Of Glass' is for me a flawless mastepiece and i'd prefer this song over half of LFDGD

The thing with Katatonia albums is the songs all appeal to different emotions and moods, so some days i will love a song infinately and others i just skip it. Like any bands theres gonna be songs people dont enjoy as much as the others but it confuses me on some of the ones coming up!!!

We must bury you and passing bird seem to be coming up a lot. I personally think that WMBY is strangely sinister and an enjoybale contrast to the rest of the album musically. And passing bird is cool too, although i can understand why some people dont like its grungeyness. But it insults Emo! It must be incredible! Good old Jonas!

ott0 said:
least good... would be chrome i think... i guess it's the lyrics that screws that one for me.
haha, I disagree
for me the lyrics are a huge part of what I like about the song :)

Chrome - Katatonia said:
burn down my house
and make something happen
stab me in the heart
and make something stop

cause I am so distracted
I am slightly shocked
by how things can keep going
like a dead man's clock

I like the analogy very much there :p

but everyone and his own opinion I guess.. :wave:

WMBY reminds me of that movie Flatliners :)

Passing Bird is one of my favourite songs lyrically. I LOVE that perfect, perfect summary of the Emo culture in those two lines "I hope I can change today/She would never think of changing"

man i wouldn't say i have a least fave song, because it depends in my mood, like if im sad i rather listen to the black darker stuff (early katatonia) and if i'm in a singy mood, then i listen to the calmer stuff. But normally i skip thru the last songs of lfdgd

Hypnos said:
so we have a 'best songs' thread. why not having a 'least good songs' thread (there are no really bad Kata-songs, only some less-good :lol: )

the ones which i don't like that much would be:

Nightmares By The Sea
Sleeper
Wealth
Passing Bird
Chrome
Don't Tell A Soul
Clean Today
I like all of these. A lot.

:\

Olivarus said:
But it insults Emo! It must be incredible! Good old Jonas!

I don't think he's talking about the music genre, but just shortening "emotion" to make it fit the song. I swear, you crazies need to get over your "i hate emo" hang-up.

Tracks I usually skip are "We Must Bury You" and "One Jeer From Now". I mean "year". :p

MountainDweller said:
I don't think he's talking about the music genre, but just shortening "emotion" to make it fit the song. I swear, you crazies need to get over your "i hate emo" hang-up.

I thought he was talking about that superficial "gothic" lifestyle. Where people acctually TRY to ACT depressed.
"I hope I can change today / She would never think of changing / to much fuking emo..." I probably didn't quote that right... Anyway, it's a good message.

edit - In Silence Enshrined (least good imo)

i love december souls...
the feeling of sorow on that album is amazing...
least favourite of mine..... probably teargas

oh btw i love the song nerve.....mmmm

Hypnos said:
so we have a 'best songs' thread. why not having a 'least good songs' thread (there are no really bad Kata-songs, only some less-good :lol: )

the ones which i don't like that much would be:

Nightmares By The Sea
Sleeper
Wealth
Passing Bird
Chrome
Don't Tell A Soul
Clean Today

Strange...
I Really like

Nightmares by the Sea
Passing Bird
Chrome
Don't Tell A Soul
Clean Today

Honestly, I believe that We Must Bury You is complete crap. I love Katatonia to death, but that song is just crap. A little TOO over-the-top with the doom and gloom, if you ask me.

doom and gloom? it sounds fucking jolly. and pop. and not good, at all. katatonia's never slipped more than on that song. ugh. terrible.