Katatonia, in Concert - who's seen them live?

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Good evening all,

I live in New York and to my knowledge, Katatonia has never played live here. Since America simply does not often appreciate good music, chances are I'll NEVER have the opportunity to see the band. :(

Anyway, I was wondering what their shows are like?

And what songs do they play?

My ideal Katatonia set (in no order):
Day
Stalemate
Gone
Last Resort
Strained
Nightmares by the Sea
Black Session
In a Song...
Chrome
Sulfer
Teargas
Sweet Nurse
Future of Speech
Passing Bird

Originally posted by SoundMaster
Since America simply does not often appreciate good music, chances are I'll NEVER have the opportunity to see the band. :(

I have seen them live :p and they were great. Can't really remember the tracklist, but they played all the 'hits' of course and even a song from the Brave Murder Day. mrr. It was in Finland last summer.

And hey, don't worry, you can always go to a POD or Linkin Park concert for good music, right
]:D

i have seen them 3 months ago, in Paris
they have played :

Deadhouse
Teargas
Stalemate
March 4
Chrome
Tonight's Music
For my Demons
The Future of Speech
Sweet Nurse
I am nothing
Cold Ways
Murder

Originally posted by aegis
i have seen them 3 months ago, in Paris
they have played :

Deadhouse
Teargas
Stalemate
March 4
Chrome
Tonight's Music
For my Demons
The Future of Speech
Sweet Nurse
I am nothing
Cold Ways
Murder

yeah ive seen them twice, last June and December 4th with Opeth. lucky me. that was in London and it was the same set for December, in June there weren't that many songs played of the new album, and it was a better gig. anyway theres a pattern in that setlist my friend noticed during the gig, the songs played on LFDGD were track numbers 2,4,6,8,10. :err: sad, i know.

I saw them live only once last November.
They were obviously great, and Jonas singing Murder at the end...a real pleasure!!!! It came so unexpected, and he COULD performe the growls. I hope they will sing more death vocals songs on their next tour...

The set list :

Deadhouse, Teargas, Stalemate, March 4,Chrome, Tonight's Music, For My Demons, The Future of Speech, Sweet Nurse, I Am nothing, Cold ways, Murder.

They won't play "Day" , "Nightmares by the sea" and "In a song.."
I am nearly sure about it.They played last June in Turkey.

Passing bird
Don't tell a soul
Teargas
Chrome
Deadhouse
Stalemate
Tonight's music
For my demons
I am nothing
Sweet nurse
Cold ways
Endtime

and maybe The future of speech

I have seen them live :p and they were great. Can't really remember the tracklist, but they played all the 'hits' of course and even a song from the Brave Murder Day. mrr. It was in Finland last summer.

And hey, don't worry, you can always go to a POD or Linkin Park concert for good music, right
]:D [/B]

At Tuska Metal, am I right? Great gig, however Tear in beginning of the set somehow was too hard for them. Otherwise OK gig.

We need Korn, Papa Roach and Limp Shitkit here, don´t we?...

Mmmmm I think people are wearing their rose tinted glasses. Katatonia are not the most visual of live bands, movement on stage is minimal and you get the impression they are not too comfortable playing live. Don't get me wrong I don't expect Jonas to bounce on stage wearing a clown suit and kick into I am nothing its just, I feel Katatonia come across far better on cd.

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk
Mmmmm I think people are wearing their rose tinted glasses. Katatonia are not the most visual of live bands, movement on stage is minimal and you get the impression they are not too comfortable playing live. Don't get me wrong I don't expect Jonas to bounce on stage wearing a clown suit and kick into I am nothing its just, I feel Katatonia come across far better on cd.

Really? Rumour has it you were at a wedding listening to 'Come on Eileen' when you should have been experiencing Katatonia. :D

MindMorgue.

Originally posted by llamaura
Damn all you people who've seen them live already (in the nicest way possible)!

yeah how wierd they dont come to england for 5 years (and i think longer since london) and then pow twice in the space of 6 months, awesome, i am a lucky bugger aren't i. and im sure they'll come to you llamaura after the success of the forthcoming album. :D

Originally posted by StorTroll

At Tuska Metal, am I right? Great gig, however Tear in beginning of the set somehow was too hard for them. Otherwise OK gig.

that's right. still i missed the clubshow in Turku and that's a shame. i think it would have been a lot cooler to see them in a small dark club than openair during a sunny sunday afternoon. :cool:

We need Korn, Papa Roach and Limp Shitkit here, don´t we?...

hmm, now i have to admit, that i actually like the deftones. mallmetal or not, they have great songs, and vocalist. :D

I supposed to go to Tuska last summer, but then there came some sudden changes and my friends and I decided to go to Ruisrock instead. Hmph :( I'd have wanted to see Katatonia...:s

I saw them here at Milwaukee Metalfest about 2 or so years ago. I can't remember the set list exactly but they did pretty much half "Tonight's Descision" and half "Discouraged Ones" albums. I think they also did a song off Brave Murder Day (I remember being surprised that Jonas was actually growling). It was also funny because earlier Jonas was walking around the fest and he looked just like the older Elvis. It was a good show, other than these two dicks making fun of Katatonia right by me during the set, so I kept getting distracted. Opeth played after them. Wooo. But I had to leave before Opeth. Booo.

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
I supposed to go to Tuska last summer, but then there came some sudden changes and my friends and I decided to go to Ruisrock instead. Hmph :( I'd have wanted to see Katatonia...:s

hmm, a real bad choice. but then again you had the chance to see HIM and Hanoi Revisited and other great bands :lol:

I think you should choose tuska over ruisrock next summer, so talk some sense to your friends...

Originally posted by Absent One
hmm, a real bad choice. but then again you had the chance to see HIM and Hanoi Revisited and other great bands :lol:

I think you should choose tuska over ruisrock next summer, so talk some sense to your friends...
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...for the 999999999999999th time...there is no "d" in my name...!!! :mad: :Shedevil: But I'll forgive you this time... ;)
Yeah, HIM was there :lol: but we left before their turn came...I think I don't even have to explain why :rolleyes: We went to see Eläkeläiset :D
I'll try to talk some sense to my friends...but I think I'll have to go alone anyway :s Oh well, I'll see...