Leaving Eden

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
The new antimatter album really is one of the best I've heard. I really love planetary confinement and didnt think that one would fall below leaving eden but I think it has. With the inclusion of danny cavanaugh, LE sounds like a cross between planetary confinement and Anathema's judgement. Plenty of floyd-esque leads, acoustic guitars, violins, piano resulting in a heart grabbing dark atmosphere, every song is a gem. sad and beautiful, I sense a masterpiece.

planetary confinement is more diverse and is an overall better album. duncan patterson's absence is obvious. i usually liked mick's songs better, but i guess duncan brought something to mick's songs as well in their arrangement or something because this sounds very different.

Ive heard of Antimatter but just failed to check em' out. I will def. buy this one w/out listening first. I just sense it will be something special.
Cavanaugh being reason enough

Lights Out has been my favourite this far, but this album stands a good chance of knocking it off the top spot.

Mick has done an amazing job on this. The title track has been played over and over (available on the band Myspace page) in anticipation of the album... Absolutely perfect.

This album will make it definitly into my Top 10 Albums for this year. The new Porcupine Tree and Blackfield releases are also amazing! Waiting for the new Anathema album but still there is no date for it.

It's damn good, now if I could just find someone to order it from in the US. Did Antimatter and TER have a falling out or something? I know they're no longer affiliated with one another.