Led Zeppelin vs. Opeth

What's regularly a case in instances like this is people hanging onto nostalgia as a guiding point. I'm not a big fan of Zeppelin and don't know much of their music, but I can almost guarantee that alot of those nostalgia-driven hits wouldn't mean a dime if they were released in this day and age. At least, this seems to be the case alot of the time.

Moonlapse said:
What's regularly a case in instances like this is people hanging onto nostalgia as a guiding point. I'm not a big fan of Zeppelin and don't know much of their music, but I can almost guarantee that alot of those nostalgia-driven hits wouldn't mean a dime if they were released in this day and age. At least, this seems to be the case alot of the time.
yup

I don't think it's a case of nostalgia, and I think it's terribly ignorant of you to say so without actually sitting down and listening to an album or something. I hardly listen to any Led Zeppelin, but from what I've heard they have some seriosuly great songs, a lot of variety between heavy and soft stuff, etc. Obviously music has progressed a lot in 30 years, but when we listen to music from the past, hopefully we can remember how influencial and powerful it was for so many people.