What's the darjest Opeth album in your opinion?

Stan Marsh
More like Stan Darsh

I dont know why but i immediately thought of that when seeing "darjest"

Back to it i think i would go with my arms your hearse.
the intro is the darkest of them all, and the kind of spooky harmony fade in.
thats dark.

In terms of lyrics, Watershed. In music, Blackwater Park.

As a whole package, Blackwater Park. Its music is darker than Watershed's, and its lyrics are almost as dark. I also liked the theme of the guitar solos throughout the album, with all the sustained notes; made the music sound more mysterious.

Stuff not so dark;

Watershed;

Look at the music, coil is like a dance on sunshine, and others are also like a summer day in a dark house at the darkest.
Also the coverart has lots of light, like the cover and the garden.

Ghost reveries;

The art is darkish, but the songs aren't THAT dark, they're reeeally dark at points, but mostly it's just...not.

Damnation;

Obviously not really dark, except for Weakness, and maybe for some other parts.

Deliverance;

Might be the darjest, Wreath is pitch-black song, Deliverance is dark, A fair judgement is pretty dark, and sad. For absent friends is darkish and sad, though it has kind of "a seed of hope". Master's apprentices, I don't really know, but atleast it's actually pretty deathmetallic, and finally By the pain I see in others, this song is just maybe the darkest thing along with Wreath.

Blackwater park;

Not really that dark, the outro of The leper affinity is pretty un-dark, Bleak is sad and kind of dark, but not that dark. Harvest is sad and un-bright, but not really dark, The drapery falls, this also isn't really dark, this song is maybe the most atmospheric Opeth song, but not anything like the darkest.
Dirge for november also is just mostly sad, The funeral portrait then is scary, and fricking epic.
Patterns in the ivy is another "sunshine" song, not dark at all, barely even sad.
Blackwater park itself is also really dark, dunno what else to say..

Still life;

I'm not going through the songs this time, but I have to say that the overall feel is that it's like a twilighty forest (and a moor of course).

MAYH;

used all my energy, too lazy to think about this one.

Morningrise;

Also might be one of the darkest, advent is not really anything That dark, The night and the silent water...I'm too lazy to think about it, Nectar, is not anything like darkest, but dark anyway, it's like a night alone in a city.
Blackrose immortal...again too lazy to think through the whole song, but I quess this is one dark thing.
To bid you farevell is abit dark, but it's also sad.
Btw. I think this should be listened in the really late night/early morning, somewhere around 3-6am.

Orchid;

Am I the only one who could concider this as dark stuff? It's like you should start listening to this in a sundown, so that the songs after IMSWS would be listened in the dark. :loco:

1.) Ghost Reveries
2.) Watershed (Heir Apparent ist just chock full of discordant evil)
3.) My Arms, Your Hearse

Still Life is too sweet and beautiful for me, yeah I know it's a tragic little tale, but nonetheless I imagine it as a romantic form of discord and despair, and not straight sinister atmosphere.

:confused: Did you not hear the lyrics to The Moor and Serenity Painted Death??

Aesthetically, Morningrise or Deliverance; lyrically, Watershed or Blackwater Park; in overall concept, Deliverance but probably Watershed.